First, congratulations to Beckie for winning the Bitsy’s Brainfood Prize Pack and Target gift card! Check your inbox!
Now onto to the random smorgasbord of Fridaydom and what I’m loving lately…
CEREAL. So I haven’t eaten cereal in forever. I’m not sure why, but it just hasn’t been on the radar. A few days ago I received a LOVE Drop from my buddies at Love Grown Foods showing off their latest product- Mighty Flakes. I’ll admit I initially squealed over the over-sized mug (we’re on a FRIENDS watching spree right now), but the flakes are seriously delicious! I downed two bowls for breakfast and high-fived myself because you know, they’re made with beans and all.
SPRING. I’m a self-proclaimed fall lover myself, but spring has really been vying for my affection. Afternoons outside with friends or stretched out on the porch have been incredible. As long as it keeps its grass pollen to itself, I think we could really have something special here.
BEING AN ADULT. Sure there are real responsibilities, bills, appointments and all that jazz, but being adult also means you can say ‘sure, let’s split a brownie 30 minutes before lunch because… well because sometimes you gotta live a little!”
I had to quickly snap this and toss the camera aside to salvage my half of that brownie.
SHAKLEE’S ENERGIZING TEA- coffee has nothing on this little packet. I keep a few of these in my purse at all times for if I need a boost because this stuff just makes me feel incredible alert without the shakes. It helped me rally as Hailey was playing 20 (million) questions in the car yesterday. How do they have so many questions that are so hard to answer? Example: “Mom, why is grass?” …? Why is grass…? Why is grass… what? That’s not even a question?!
Anyways, the tea. I’m a big fan.
FAMILY PICTURES. When we got Koda’s diagnosis (she’s still feeling great with her treatments BTW!), I knew I wanted to have at least one great picture of the family all together. I called Ashley and snagged one of her mini sessions and next thing you know, matchy matchy, there we are!
I so badly want to reach into the picture and tuck my hair behind my ear, but we’re all in there together and no one is crying so I kind of love it.
Finally, there’s this:
GREEK SHRIMP PASTA. I swore I’ve shared this recipe before but I can’t find it, so I’m correcting that right here, right now. It’s such a simple recipe that is packed full of flavor! I suggest adding it to your menu next week because… yum.
- 10 ounces of whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp (or more if you like) crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put on large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, herbs and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly as to not burn the garlic.
- Add in shrimp and saute for 3-4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer simmer, then switch heat to low.
- Drain the spaghetti and add it into the skillet with the tomato and shrimp mixture.
- Add feta cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil if desired.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
What are you loving lately?!