These tot-sized broccoli cheddar quinoa bites are packed with nutrients and the perfect size for little hands. They are great for baby led weaning or toddlers that like to dip. Simply pair these with fruit to make a complete, well-balanced meal!
When kids are young — under 3 years old — I find it’s best to keep meals fairly simple (but flavorful!). I like to include a protein source, a carb (bonus if it’s a vegetable) and some healthy fat in each meal as often as possible. And when I can combine all those macronutrients into one toddler hand-sized meal? Well, I get pretty excited.
These Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites come together quickly and easily and are the perfect size for little hands.
Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bites are firm to the touch and slightly browned on top.
Or save in the fridge and reheat (or I eat them cold!) for a quick snack or meal.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray and spoon a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each cup, pressing down mixture into each cup as you go.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bites are firm to the touch and slightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
These are great dipped in ranch, but I also highly recommend this Easy Homemade Cheese Sauce from Iowa Girl Eats. No child can resist!
You may also like…