A Mom’s Practical Guide to Baby-Led Weaning
I wrote A Mom’s Practical Guide to Baby-Led Weaning because I know that this approach can be a little overwhelming. In this book, you will learn:
- What Baby-Led Weaning Is
- Why It’s Great for Babies
- Why It’s Great for Parents!
- When and How to Start
- Answers to Your Concerns and Questions
- The Ten Best Baby-Led Weaning Foods
Traditionally, parents have been told to start their children on pureed foods, oatmeal and rice cereal and other soft items. That’s certainly what I was advised when my first daughter approached 6 months, and there’s nothing wrong with that method.
But more and more, there’s evidence that giving kids real, solid foods — prepared appropriately, of course — can have incredible benefits both in their first few experiences with eating but for years to come.
- Chapter 1: Baby-Led Weaning as a Practice
- Chapter 2: Benefits for Baby
- Chapter 3: Benefits for Parents
- Chapter 4: Concerns
- Chapter 5: When Do I Start?
- Chapter 6: What Do I Feed My Baby?
- Chapter 7: How Do I Start?
- Chapter 8: What Else Should I Know?
- Chapter 9: 10 Great First Foods
Need More Resources?
I’ve shared our experiences in baby-led weaning for years here on the blog, as well as other tips for helping kids develop a healthy relationship with food and learn to experiment with lots of different flavors. Here are some of my favorites.
Not interested in a digital copy?