I love to cook but during busy weeknights, I love being able to throw together a meal in under 30 minutes that can feed my entire family of four. This Shrimp Fried Quinoa recipe saves the day because I’m able to prep the quinoa ahead of time (Sunday food prep for the win!) and the rest comes together in less than 20 minutes.
It’s a great blend of macro-nutrients, high in protein, and bursting with authentic fried rice flavor.
Possibly my favorite part about this recipe? ONE PAN. Clean up is such a breeze.
Just saute the vegetables (you could sub a bag of frozen veggies to make things even easier), garlic, and ginger in the sesame oil.
Add egg, then shrimp.
Then finish things off!
A healthy, filling, delicious dinner is ready for the table in under 20 minutes and clean up takes less than 5. Save this recipe for your crazy time of year; for me, that’s fall!
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small red bell peppers, diced (about 1½ cup)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger (or paste)
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves)
- 4 scallions, washed and chopped, plus one for garnish
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¼ lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 5 cups cooked quinoa (1½ cup uncooked quinoa prepared ahead of time)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (plus more to taste)
- ½-1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- In a large stir fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in peppers, carrots, ginger, and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Add egg and frozen peas and saute until eggs are cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute until cooked through, about 5-8 minutes depending on size.
- Reduce heat to low and add quinoa, soy sauce, and sriracha (if using). Stir to mix well.
- Serve, garnished with green onion and an additional dash of soy sauce, if desired.
And as always, please tage me on instagram (@ahealthyslice) if you make any of my recipes!