This Shrimp Fried Quinoa recipe saves the day because I’m able to prep the quinoa ahead of time (Sunday food prep for the win!) and the rest comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small red bell peppers, diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger (or paste)
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 2–3 cloves)
- 4 scallions, washed and chopped, plus one for garnish
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 5 cups cooked quinoa (1 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa prepared ahead of time)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (plus more to taste)
- 1/2–1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- In a large stir fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in peppers, carrots, ginger, and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Add egg and frozen peas and saute until eggs are cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute until cooked through, about 5-8 minutes depending on size.
- Reduce heat to low and add quinoa, soy sauce, and sriracha (if using). Stir to mix well.
- Serve, garnished with green onion and an additional dash of soy sauce, if desired.
Keywords: family dinner, shrimp fried qunioa, weeknight recipe