Fresh and zesty, this simple shrimp marinade will thrill your taste buds!
This weekend I realized how much more fun we have when friends come to visit.
Unfortunately my picture taking skills drop dramatically, as I’d rather be hanging and chatting than snapping.
Great group shot, Brittany.
Christen and I have been best friends since we ended up a few doors down from each other in the dorms our freshmen year of college. Since then we’ve both gotten married and had two kids each- it feels like a whirlwind. Though life is really busy for us in this phase, we’ve stayed close and it means the world to me, so when it worked out that she and her fam could come visit this past weekend, I was stoked!
But really the weekend was ridiculously fun and refreshing. Having friends in town felt like a vacation, as we spent a ton of time just boating, swimming, having dive contests,
drinking wine and snacking.
After giving big hugs on Sunday and promising to do it again soon, we put the house back together and I hit up the grocery store, ready to have something a little lighter for dinner- delicious grilled shrimp using my favorite simple marinade.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 shakes of hot sauce (I use Chalupa)
- Place all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock and mix well. Add shrimp and combine to coat.
- Let the shrimp marinate in fridge for 1-3 hours.
- When ready to grill, remove shrimp from ziplock and either skewer or use a grill pan to grill the shrimp 5 minutes per side over medium-low heat.
Like this healthy recipe? You may also like this