The journey of more plant-based meals continue! We’ve watched some documentaries and read some articles and are really happy eating more plant-based meals. Well, I’m really happy and David is going along with it- but dare I say enjoying some parts of it too?
I’ve read differing opinions on meat, dairy, and eggs and while “research” differs based on who you listen to, I haven’t seen a single shred of evidence against eating more plants. That’s why I use the word plant-based instead of vegetarian. Many of the meals we are eating are vegetarian or vegan, but I won’t be putting a label on my eating habits, as I don’t plan on restricting myself to any single diet.
I’ve been compiling a list of go-to plant-based meals to make meal planning each week easier. Here are some of our tried and true favorites, as well as a few I have my eye on to make soon!
- Golden Red Lentil Dal with Cilantro Rice
- Garlic Kale and Cashew Fried Rice
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Pinto Bean and Cheese Freezer Burritos
- Vegan Bean Burgers
- Carrot Soup (I love serving all soups with homemade sourdough)
- Red Pepper Cashew Pasta
- Avocado toast
- Oatmeal with cinnamon and pecans
- Banana Nut Toaster Pop-Ups
On my try list:
- Black Bean Salsa Burgers
- Creamy Coconut Cashew Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Southwest Kale Power Salad
- Basic Chia Pudding
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Bake
- BBQ Jackfruit with Avocado Slaw
I’m especially excited (and slightly intimidated) by the jackfruit, but I keep hearing good things so I’m going to give it a go!
If you have one, I’d love for you to leave me a comment with your very favorite plant-based meal so I can have them all listed in one place to try! Happy meal planning 🙂