Oh yes… if only scratch and taste computer screens existed.
This is most definitely a holiday treat, but with a few redeeming qualities, including chia seeds. I feel like the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce lady when it comes to chia seeds because I seriously put that sh*t on everything!
Vulgarity aside, this white chocolate chia crunch bark is crispy, sweet and oh so addicting.
I don’t have a double boiler or the supplies necessary to make one, so I melted my chocolate in a pot over low heat while stirring often. It worked just fine.
I will say that having a spatula licker at the ready is a necessary component to the recipe though.
If you don’t have one of those, I know a toddler who would be eager to volunteer.
Once you set the mixture in the fridge for a quick 30 minutes, it’s ready to devour. Have containers ready to fill and giveaway though, because it’s truly addicting.
Of course, you could always just do what I do and tell yourself it’s totally good for you because it has chia seeds in it. I’m cool with that.
- 1.5 lb high quality white chocolate
- ½ cup roasted and salted cashews, chopped
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- In a medium pot over low heat, melt white chocolate while stirring often.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Set ¼ c of the mixture aside.
- Once chocolate is melted and has a smooth texture, pour it into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients, making sure to scrape the sides of the pot to get all the chocolate in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spread into a thin, even layer, picking up and tilting the baking sheet as needed to ensure equal distribution.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of toppings over the chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in fridge for 30 minutes or until chocolate in solid.
- Remove from fridge and break into pieces.