My favorite things about sharing posts like this is that I have endless inspiration of meals I know my family will like because I’ve been sharing food for so long. Whenever I need some inspiration, I check out the Dinner Ideas or Weekly Meal Plans category of my site. I label them with month and year now because it’s helpful for me to target seasonality of meals I’ve enjoyed or different ways I ate, like the year+ I went fully plant-based.
We didn’t travel beyond a weekend in South Carolina this month, so I had more opportunity to cook, which I enjoyed. I feel like I lost my meal planning mojo for all of June so it was nice to feel a bit more inspired to get in the kitchen. Here’s a peek at what we’ve been eating lately…
Still on a savory breakfast bowl kick!
- Roasted potatoes and spinach with avocado, pico, a fried egg, and chives.
- Cauliflower rice, onions, spinach with a fried egg and avocado, parsley and sriracha.
- Roasted potatoes and onions with spinach with a fried egg, sriracha, and parsley.
- Steak and scallops with roasted potato wedges and a Bibb lettuce salad with radishes, avocado, and champagne vinegar dressing.
- Rotisserie chicken with sweet potato fries and Greek salad.
- Braised short ribs over garlic rice pilaf.
- Burger bowl with lettuce, roasted potatoes, burger, pickles, red onion, mustard and ketchup.
- Costco herb salmon with salad and roasted corn.
- Slow cooker frozen meatballs with a jar of Rao’s sauce over spaghetti.
- CAVA bowl, my absolute on-the-road favorite lunch. I need to make the copycat version at home again soon!
- I pulled out my old juicer to get some fresh turmeric in David to help with his ankle. I’ve been making wellness shots all last week and forgot how much I love them!
- Bad Daddy’s grilled chicken buffalo sandwich with onion rings.
- Easy weekday frittata for kids recipe but doctored up with spinach, onion, red pepper, and goat cheese.
- Greek style burger made with beef instead of lamb and ohhhhh my gosh this is one of my favorite meals of the month- delicious!
- My favorite enchilada recipe that makes two pans worth of enchiladas. We ate these last week and I pulled the second pan from the freezer to have tonight.
- A special shout out to a lunch I’ve loved lately- Kettle & Fire Bone Broth Soups. Use code AHS for 20% off your entire order. Bone broth is one of my go-to sources to increase my daily protein and these soups are made with only wholesome and nutritious ingredients, taste great, and are SO easy for a healthy lunch idea. I usually split a carton between two lunches and round it out with a half sandwich or salad.
- I made this recipe for ricotta and spinach stuffed shells but made them as lasagna roll ups instead. It makes two pans so we had it for dinner two weeks in a row.
- Grilled drumsticks and roasted corn with sautéed onion and spinach.
- Oven roasted chicken thighs with swiss chard sautéed with onion, garlic, and rice cooked in bone broth that I had in the freezer.
- Freshly baked Everything Bread from Wildgrain (use code AHEALTHYSLICE for $30 off and free croissants in every order) with a fried egg and fruit.
- Simple salad with Bibb lettuce, avocado, blue cheese, carrots, cucumbers, red onion, and chicken, plus sweet potato fries.
- Leftover braised short rubs over rice with a simple salad.
Share with me… is there anything amazing you’ve eaten lately that I should add to my August meal plans?!
Your plates not only look delicious but plated so pretty! Yesterday I made Applegate chicken sausages (from Costco) with whatever I had on hand for the side. Red potatoes, zucchini, chick peas, diced tomatoes and it was delicious! Spinach salad with the Kirklands 5 cheese tortelloni (I recently went to Costco lol) mixed in with Greek dressing.
Brittany Dixon says
Oh that sounds good! My favorite meals are the “throw whatever I have together” meals! Hailey agrees but Kaitlyn isn’t quite there yet- ha 🙂