I’ve been hooked on savory breakfast bowls lately. While I’ve always been team savory for taste preference, I also know that “breaking your fast” with something not sweet helps start your blood sugar journey of the day on the right foot. Does it show I’ve been on a binge of Glucose Goddess, Unlocking the Keto Code, Max Lugavere, Dhru Purohit, and my Lumen recently?
Starting the day with veggies, fats, and protein makes me feel good and it’s delicious. I am still enamored with my countertop herb garden, which is why you’ll see all of them topped with fresh herbs- nutritional boost! And it makes it pretty.
Once I got in the swing of things, I found they aren’t very hard to make. The girls often have a bagel with a fried egg, so once I make them breakfast I throw in my base ingredients, cook those then move them to a plate, then fry my egg. With the help of leftovers from the fridge and a few key freezer items (like cauliflower rice), it makes it a fairly fast process. Here are some of my favorite combinations of late:
- Cauliflower rice and red onion with two eggs scrambled in, topped with Mateo’s salsa, dill and cilantro.
- Roasted sweet potato and Brussels sprouts topped with a fried egg, sriracha, parsley, basil, and dill.
- Bacon, spinach, and Brussels sprouts with two eggs scrambled in topped with goat cheese.
- Cauliflower rice, spinach, onion, and fresh herbs topped with two fried eggs, salt and pepper.
- Cauliflower rice, red onion, radish greens topped with sriracha, fried eggs, dill and rosemary.
- Russet potato (half a leftover baked potato, cubed), red bell pepper, red onion with a fried egg, mashed avocado and topped with cilantro.
- Cauliflower rice and scallions with a fried egg, radish greens and tomato on the side.
- Bacon, russet potato, brussels sprouts, red onion, and spinach topped with a fried egg, parsley and dill.
- Brown rice, red onion, Brussels sprouts, and spinach topped with a friend egg, parsley, dill, and goat cheese.
Have a favorite combination that I need to try? Let me know in the comments!