So last night I changed my mind on something. I now would be ok with someone throwing me a baby sprinkle. However, instead of everyone bringing diapers, I’d like all my friends to bring a bottle of wine. That won’t look too tacky on invitations, right?
I’m TOTALLY kidding.
I didn’t register this time around because for me personally (to each their own!), it felt a little odd, like I was asking for gifts when we really don’t need much. However, I’ve received several comments and emails from y’all on items I plan to buy or restock on before baby girl arrives, so I’m happy to share.
With only about 10 weeks left until baby girl is scheduled to make her arrival (and we all know babies are great about adhering to their due date), here are the items I hope to stock up so I can feel fully prepared for her arrival!
– Summer Infant Ultimate Organic Crib Sheet– We used these with Hailey and I loved how much easier they were to change than regular crib sheets. The two we had with Hailey, however, are, shall we say, well loved? I’m planning on getting 1-2 new ones for baby girl!
– Medela Pump & Save 5oz Bags– Last time I used bottles instead of bags and they were more difficult to store, so this time in anticipation of having another oversupply issue, I want to be stocked and ready with bags for saving milk.
– Easy Expression Hands Free Bustier Nursing Bra– I didn’t have a pumping bra with Hailey and always regretted it. Not that I plan to pump very often after getting my supply regulated, but with a toddler around, I don’t think NOT having a pumping bra is an option. An added bonus? It’s super sexy!
– Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Wide Neck Newborn Feeding Set– Hailey never took a bottle well because we rarely gave her one. I’d like to have some at the ready this time so bottles are an option for feeding time.
– ERGObaby Heart2Heart Infant Insert, Natural– I LOVE our Ergo, though I didn’t even get it until Hailey was almost a year old. I’d like to start using it earlier this time because I love baby wearing and I feel it will be a necessity with a toddler, so the infant insert should allow me to do that.
– Aden+Anais Bamboo Burpy Bib Tranquility 2 Pack : Beads, and Leafy – Aden+Anais products are the bomb! Hailey was not a prone to spitting up, but this baby girl might be, so I want to be prepared. And if she isn’t, these were my favorite bibs (they are burp cloths that turn into bibs!) we I started baby led weaning with Hailey. I’d love to have a few more at the ready!
– Cloud b Sound Machine Soother Bubbly Bunny– Hailey still sleeps with her sleep sheep and I have zero intention of taking it from her. To keep confusion at a minimum, I’d like to switch up the sheep for the cute bunny for baby girl!
– Boppy Newborn Lounger- Pink– Hailey hated the swing, so I never really had a place to set her down. It was fine when she was all I had to attend to, but this time I’d love a safe spot to lay baby girl when I need two hands for a minute. I’ve heard people love their loungers and I just really want one.
Since we are reusing most everything we had for Hailey, the list is short and sweet. I’ll probably also grab a few onesies, since Hailey and baby girl are born in opposite seasons, a few pacifiers to have on hand and of course plenty of diapers and wipes, but other than that I feel pretty set!
The real value here is you! Please share…
Moms, what items did you absolutely love for you baby?
Second time moms, what items did you need the second go around?