These toddler-approved banana mini-muffins are a perfect breakfast or snack that even the pickiest toddler will devour!
A few years ago, my friend Kelly shared this muffin recipe here on the blog and they’ve not only become one of our family’s favorite recipes, they seem to be beloved by many of you as well!
Kelly focuses on helping moms to get healthy and happy by helping them learn to balance motherhood and healthy lifestyle. And like me, she loves to have her kids in the kitchen, helping to cook and bake.
Here’s what Kelly says about her approach, and why this recipe is one of her favorites:
When we make a recipe that includes fruits or vegetables, I want to share the recipe with every mom who I know so they can make it too. Is it possible to ever have too many recipes for toddler-approved healthy meals and snacks?
We always have a lot of fun making these mini muffins, and I know your family will like them too.
I love it because it’s so easy to change out the ingredients and the muffins have just the right amount of sweetness without turning into a true dessert.
I’ve updated the photos since the post first appeared on the blog but the recipe itself? It stands the rest of time.Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups mashed bananas (or any mashed/grated fruit and vegetable combination that your family likes)
- ·30 mini cupcake liners or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pans with mini cupcake liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water and butter. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in banana.
- Fill each mini muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cook completely.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze up to 3 months.
What’s your favorite toddler-approved healthy meal or snack? Bonus points if you share a link to the recipe!