My friend, Jen, does posts every so often where she shares pictures of her recent meals. I love those posts because it inspires me to add a new dish in for the following week or maybe to put a new twist on a meal that I make often. As someone who has fallen into my fair share of dinner ruts, I like seeing what others are eating when I’m in the mindset to spice things up. So in case you’re in the same boat, here’s some recent eats from around here!
- The Best, Easy Homemade Pad Thai with Shrimp – we doubled the sauce and the noodles, but might even triple it next time. Kaitlyn cooked this meal (I was sous chef) and everyone loved this meal.
- Chicken Fajitas in a Bowl – I used this marinade for the chicken and cooked in a cast iron. In a separate skillet I sautéed onions, mushroom, red bell peppers, and spinach with some taco seasoning. Then added guacamole, pico, and sour cream with some Late July chips.
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie with Simple Kale Salad with a Walnut Vinaigrette – The secret to making this kale salad kid-friendly is using a food processor. However, my new food processor (that I love!) was more powerful than I’m used to so it over chopped it just a tad!
- Vegan Taco Night – using this 10 minute raw walnut vegan taco meat (that is so flavorful!) with sautéed mushrooms and onions, pico, sour cream, iceberg lettuce, and salsa.
- Hamburger Bowl – Iceberg and spinach as the base with pico, avocado, garlic dill pickle kraut, onions, roasted sweet potato, and a chopped up burger. Mustard and ketchup on top.
- Marinated Portobello Mushroom Bowl and Mashed Potatoes from Oh She Glows Everyday with roasted Brussels sprouts and garden cherry tomatoes over mixed greens.
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Potatoes and Yellow Onions and Walnut Kale Salad on the Side.
- Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Veggies – I used frozen gluten-free turkey meatballs from Wellshire Farms and thought they were very good! I found them in the freezer section of Whole Foods near the butcher counter. I used Rao’s sauce. I roasted onions, carrots, and cauliflower for about 25 minutes, then added in the kale for other 5ish minutes.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches on Homemade Hamburger Buns and a quick purple and green cabbage slaw.
What’s the best dinner you’ve had recently?