These oven baked bean burritos are delicious, and oh-so easy. Simply mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Fill and roll tortillas into burritos, place them seam-side down on tinfoil sprayed with nonstick spray, top with cheese, bake, and serve with toppings.
Simple! But these few tidbits will make them even easier:
- Use your rice cooker to make delicious rice easily, or use a packet of heat and eat rice, or thawed rice from the freezer.
- Use store bought guacamole and pico to elevate and round out the meal without any extra work on your part.
- Make a double batch to stick in the freezer for a future easy and delicious weeknight dinner (just leave off the topping cheese until you are ready to bake). To reheat, simply pull from the freezer to put in the fridge 24 hours ahead of time, then bake until warmed through.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine does! As always, your reviews mean a lot to me so if you make them and love them, please let me know and tag me on social. Enjoy!Print
The family-pleasing oven baked bean burritos come together quickly (we’re talking in 20 minutes) and make for a delicious weeknight dinner!
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 c cooked rice
- 2 c shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- ½ c salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 12 tortillas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- For serving: shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, pico, cilantro, or green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together the refried beans, rice, 1 c of the cheese, salsa, chili powder, and cumin.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with olive oil spray.
- Fill each tortilla with ¼ c of the bean and rice mixture. Roll it up, tucking in the ends, to create a small burrito. Place seam-side down on the lined baking sheet. Repeat until all tortillas and filling is used.
- Spray the top of the burritos with olive oil, then sprinkle remaining 1 c of cheese over the burritos.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the burritos are heated through and the cheese is melted. If preferred, broil for the last minute to toast the tops of the burritos.
- Serve over shredded lettuce with guacamole, pico de gallo, and any other toppings of your choice.
Like burritos that you can make and keep in the freezer? Be sure to check out my freezer breakfast burritos and these kid-friendly make ahead pinto and cheese freezer burritos!