These seafood foil packets come together quickly and grill up in under 15 minutes. They are bursting with bright, lemon butter flavor and make for a light and tasty summer dinner!
I was at the grocery store with the girls the other day when I made the mistake of asking their opinion on dinner. They were poking at the lobster tank when I casually asked, so, what do y’all want for dinner? They whipped around and found themselves in front of the seafood counter, suddenly pointing out all the things they’d like to try. Well, Hailey was naming all seafood and Kaitlyn was just repeating everything she said.
Though I appreciated their excitement, I had to reign things in a bit once we got to sea bass. That stuff is pricey! But to encourage their adventurous choices, we did snag a few of the options they asked for: shrimp (always), bay scallops, and cod fish (which I helped steer them to, as it was on sale).
I was imagining a saute of some sort, or maybe in a pasta? Then is dawned on me- GRILL PACKETS! It is summertime after all and it goes hand in hand with lemony buttery seafood. I was sold, as were the girls, so we snagged some asparagus, lemons, and grape tomatoes to accompany the fish. Then we headed home to make the (simple) magic happen.
We kept things low key with salad and bread to go with the seafood and the whole family loved it. The bay scallops were a particularly big hit, so I’m going to keep an eye out for when they go on sale and make these again.
Give these a try while summer grilling season is still here and as always, tag me on instagram or leave a note below with your feedback if you try it. Nothing makes me happier than hearing that your family is enjoying these recipes <3
- 4 Tinfoil Sheets, (18-20" long each)
- 1 lb cod, cut into 4 equal portions
- ½ lb bay scallops
- ½ lb shrimp
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 2 Tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Lay out four tinfoil sheets on a flat surface. Evenly distribute the asparagus between the sheets, and follow suit with the cod, shrimp, bay scallops, and cherry tomatoes.
- Melt the butter and stir in lemon zest and white wine. Spoon butter mixture evenly the seafood.
- Pull edges of tinfoil together and close up, leaving a pocket of air to allow for steam to gather (see picture above).
- Place of grill for 15-18 minutes, until all seafood is cooked through. Remove from grill and open carefully, as the packets will have hot steam! Enjoy!
Share with me-
what summer meal are you loving right now?!