These chocolate dipped almond butter banana bites are a delicious and healthy treat perfect for any time of day! If you are looking for other healthy snack ideas, you may want to check out these homemade laraballs or these frozen yogurt bites!
The increased hunger that comes with breastfeeding (and probably just being a mom… Or woman in general!) is not to be messed with. The second night at the hospital when my milk came in, I was starving. I ate my hospital dinner… then David’s… then half the sushi David picked up for us. Whew!
Now as a mom of two, I’m relying on snacks to keep my energy up and milk supply strong as I tackle my days. Here are a few favorites I’ve been chowing down on recently.
Quick, Easy and Delicious Snacks
Almonds are my go-to snack. Not only is the CRUNCH so satisfying, but I also love the protein and fat that sticks around long after I down the handful (or two).
Mom made several batches of deviled eggs while she was here and the fad continues! Not only are deviled eggs delicious, but they are packed with protein, which is often missing in so many snacky-type foods. Plus, the whole family loves them. You should see Hailey’s eyes light up at the mention of them.
When I don’t have time to make my own, I’m a sucker for Sabra or Roots (locally made).
Frozen breakfast sandwiches.
I really love to make a big batch of homemade breakfast sandwiches and heat and eat as needed!
Finally, I’ve been enjoying one of my favorite flavor combos in a great beat-the-heat kind of way!
So delicious. So satisfying. So easy.
Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Banana Bites
You could make these using any nut butter you like. I made them using homemade coconut maple almond butter.
Please note that the almond butter gets much creamier than the picture indicates (though it does take about 15 minutes!), but after making my batch I was distracted by a hungry baby and I forgot to snap a final product picture. Mommy brain at it’s finest!
These frozen banana bites are perfect for a quick, sweet treat and toddlers love them too.Print
- 3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate of choice
- Slice bananas into slices about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Spread a little nut butter onto a slice and sandwich two slices together.
- Place on wax paper on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and remove frozen banana bites from freezer.
- Dip each banana bite in chocolate and place back on wax paper. Freeze for another hour.
- Transfer and keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.