This delicious and comforting easy beef stew in the slow cooker takes less than 10 minutes to prep, all day to cook and make your house smell amazing, and no time at all to devour. This meal s a family favorite for a reason!
When I get busy, I try to keep it simple by getting out the slow cooker. It’s great for all seasons but especially in the fall, the slow cooker is so perfect for putting together healthy, delicious and filling meals that don’t require me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
It truly does not get any easier than this simple and delicious slow cooker beef stew. It’s hearty and wholesome; a meal that the whole family enjoys.
You can make this two ways: One, using a traditional chuck roast. For that method, let it cook all day and shred it about 30 minutes before serving. However, the second method has quickly become our family’s favorite. It’s more of a beef stew take on the recipe because I cut the meat into cubes (or you can purchase it already cubed) prior to adding it to the slow cooker which creates bite sized, super tender meat- perfect for kids.
A couple notes before you get started:
- Spice packets make prep fast and easy. I prefer using the Simply Organic Brown Gravy Packet and Pacific Foods’ Organic Cream of Mushroom soup mix.
- This meal needs to cook for a long time, so if you choose low, make sure it gets at least 10 hours of cook time. If not, use the cook on high option for 6-8 hours.
- You can add whole mushrooms, swap Yukon gold for little red potatoes, or add in frozen peas during the last hour of cook time.
This delicious and comforting easy beef stew in the slow cooker takes less than 10 minutes to prep, all day to cook and make your house smell amazing, and no time at all to devour.
- 2 lbs stew meat, cubed
- 1 packet Simply Organic dried gravy mix
- 1 can Pacific Foods cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 4–5 Yukon gold potatoes, large diced
- 3/4 lb (6-8 large) carrots, cut into 1–2 inch sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- Add meat to the slow cooker and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onions, potatoes, and carrots.
- Add gravy mix and cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix well to coat all the ingredients.
- Cover and set to low for 12 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
Keywords: fall, pot roast, Slow Cooker