This delicious and comforting family meal takes less than 10 minutes to prep, all day to cook and make your house smell amazing, and no time at all to devour. This easy slow cooker beef stew is a family favorite for a reason!
When I get busy, I try to keep it simple by getting out the slow cooker. It’s great for all seasons but especially in the fall, the slow cooker is so perfect for putting together healthy, delicious and filling meals that don’t require me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
It truly does not get any easier than this simple and delicious slow cooker beef stew. Plus, it is literally meat and potatoes and what hungry husband (or hard-workin’ woman) doesn’t like that?
You can make this two ways: One, using a traditional chuck roast. For that method, let it cook all day and shred it about 30 minutes before serving. However, the second method has quickly become our family’s favorite. It’s more of a beef stew take on the recipe because I cut the meat into cubes prior to adding it to the slow cooker which creates bite sized, super tender meat- perfect for kids.
The slow cooker is so perfect for putting together healthy, delicious and filling meals that don’t require me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, cubed (or stew meat)
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 lb (10-12 large) carrots, cut into inch sized pieces
- Add meat to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onions, potatoes, and carrots.
- Add onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix well to coat all the ingredients.
- Cover and set to low for 10-12 hours.
*the veggie and meat amounts are not exact, so feel free to add more if you want. Mushrooms are good in this, too, but I didn’t have any.
Keywords: fall, pot roast, Slow Cooker
I did my best to make it look pretty, but c’mon, it’s pot roast. However, the taste? Mmmmmmm… comfort food at it’s finest!
What is your favorite comfort food meal?