I know that meal planning helps me feel less chaotic but sometimes even the act of creating that plan feels overwhelming!
When I get busy, I try to keep it simple by getting out the slow cooker. It’s great for all seasons but especially in the fall, the slow cooker is so perfect for putting together healthy, delicious and filling meals that don’t require me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
It truly does not get any easier than this. Plus, it is literally meat and potatoes and what hungry husband (or hard-workin’ woman) doesn’t like that?Print
Simple, Slow Cooker Pot Roast
The slow cooker is so perfect for putting together healthy, delicious and filling meals that don’t require me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: dinner, recipes
- Cuisine: dinner
- 1 chuck roast (I used one that was 2.2 lbs and we had leftovers)
- 1 packet dried onion soup/onion dip mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 6-8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 lb (10-12) carrots, cut
- Sear the roast on all sides in a cast iron pan or in the slow cooker if yours has that function. Then place the roast in the slow cooker. Pour half the can of soup on the roast and sprinkle with half the onion packet. Set on program to low for 8-10 hours.
- Add the vegetables on top of the chuck roast and do not mix. Pour on remaining soup, half a can of water and sprinkle the remaining onion soup seasoning.
- Fifteen minutes before eating, shred the meat (you can leave it in the slow cooker to do so) and mix contents. Cover for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Serve it up, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dig in!
*the veggie and meat amounts are not exact, so feel free to add more if you want. Mushrooms are good in this, too, but I didn’t have any.
Keywords: fall, pot roast, Slow Cooker
I did my best to make it look pretty, but c’mon, it’s pot roast. However, the taste? Mmmmmmm… comfort food at it’s finest!
What is your favorite comfort food meal?