The slow cooker is so perfect for putting together healthy, delicious and filling meals that don’t require me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1 chuck roast (I used one that was 2.2 lbs and we had leftovers)
- 1 packet dried onion soup/onion dip mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 6–8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 lb (10-12) carrots, cut
- Sear the roast on all sides in a cast iron pan or in the slow cooker if yours has that function. Then place the roast in the slow cooker. Pour half the can of soup on the roast and sprinkle with half the onion packet. Set on program to low for 8-10 hours.
- Add the vegetables on top of the chuck roast and do not mix. Pour on remaining soup, half a can of water and sprinkle the remaining onion soup seasoning.
- Fifteen minutes before eating, shred the meat (you can leave it in the slow cooker to do so) and mix contents. Cover for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Serve it up, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dig in!
*the veggie and meat amounts are not exact, so feel free to add more if you want. Mushrooms are good in this, too, but I didn’t have any.
Keywords: fall, pot roast, Slow Cooker