These simple, fluffy muffins will delight with their fall flavor and hidden chocolate surprise. They come together quickly thanks to the no-mess help of your blender and clean up is as easy as it gets. Blend up a batch today!
A week or two ago the girls and I went to play at my friend Jodi’s house. This busy friend of mine has a crazy schedule yet somehow makes it look effortless to have snacks for kids and tea for adults ready to go when we come over. Color me impressed.
Anyway, we arrived and the house smelled so good. It didn’t take Hailey or Kaitlyn long to discover why- muffins!
While they chowed down I asked Jodi how the heck she found time to bake and that’s when she told me.
It was so painfully obvious I kicked myself that I hadn’t thought of it before.
What is it? Make the mix IN THE BLENDER. //virtual forehead slap//
Why had I never thought of that before? All ingredients go in, blend and easily pour into the muffin tin with minimal mess and cleanup. I have brilliant friends I tell ya!
So I got to work later at home, and being the expert baker that I am (eye roll), made 3 batches of sub-par muffins before hitting the nail on the head.
But it was worth the wait!
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) applesauce
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar (I used raw coconut sugar)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (240 g) unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (180 g) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (120 g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Place all ingredients (in the order listed- wet must go in first) into the blender and secure lid.
- Select the mix blend option, or mix at a low speed until ingredients are well combined. Be careful not to over-blend.
- Pour in chocolate chips and mix in with a large spoon.
- Pour into muffin tin until each cup until ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, then serve warm for best results.