These simple, fluffy muffins will delight with their fall flavor and hidden chocolate surprise. They come together quickly thanks to the no-mess help of your blender and clean up is as easy as it gets. Blend up a batch today!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) applesauce
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar (I used raw coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (240 g) unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (120 g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Place all ingredients (in the order listed- wet must go in first) into the blender and secure lid.
- Select the mix blend option, or mix at a low speed until ingredients are well combined. Be careful not to over-blend.
- Pour in chocolate chips and mix in with a large spoon.
- Pour into muffin tin until each cup until 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, then serve warm for best results.