Hello and happy new month! Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my dad’s celebration of life ceremony. In a couple weeks it will be 2 years since his passing. How is that even possible? He’s still such a part of our day to day (Dad would have loved this or hated this or laughed at this). I wish I could still hug him, but it’s nice to still feel him at times.
Today is David’s and mine 13 year anniversary. As he said in the kitchen this morning as he gave me a smooch before heading off for our typical Monday- 13 years of wedded bliss! And it’s true. I’m so grateful for our marriage; he’s my best friend and truly my partner in life. We will be celebrating by living a completely normal Monday and topping it off with some fajitas at home. Here’s a little prom pose action of us from Saturday night for your enjoyment…
We got home late yesterday afternoon from Myrtle Beach. We were there for a soccer tournament for Hailey and turned it into a really enjoyable weekend. We stayed at a little dog-friendly two bedroom place, just a 2 minute walk away from the beach. It was a great spot for us for the weekend. The girls and I left Friday, as David had a surgery Friday night, and he joined us Saturday.
Our good friends ended up playing in the same tournament and got a condo near us, so we all got to spend a lot of time on the beach together. The combo of soccer (we won one, tied one, and lost one), great friends, beach drinks, and morning walks on the sand proved to be a packed but wonderful way to spend a weekend!
Now we’re back in action for another week! I’ll hit up the chiropractor and Costco today, we’ll do some math and history, read some Harry Potter, knock out leg day, and top it off with some guac. Speaking of guac, this is my meal line up for the week:
- Monday: Steak Fajitas with Pico and Guacamole
- Tuesday: Chicken Thighs with Fresh Oregano and Lemon, Rice, and Salad
- Wednesday: Lemon Dill Salmon with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
- Thursday: Grilled Chicken Salads with Sourdough
- *ButcherBox offered a member special of fully cooked, grilled chicken and I took advantage of it for easier lunches and for an easy grilled chicken dinner. They are only offering their free grass fed ground beef for life deal for the next few days, so if you want to try it, now is a great time! In my opinion it’s one of their best promos because with prices today, two free pounds of ground beef in ever box is a deal!
- Friday: Homemade pizza night. Probably sticking with our collectives favorite: pepperoni, onion, mushroom, and peppers.
- Breakfast: breakfast bowls! I’m making a large hash base today (potatoes, onion, spinach) then I’ll keep it in the fridge for quick breakfasts.
- Lunch: Daily Harvest for me, with the grilled chicken I mentioned, and ham sandwiches with fruit and veggies for the kids.
Have an excellent Monday! <3