1. Koda’s ears sound like a helicopter taking flight first thing in the morning. She sleeps beside our bed and wakes up when one of us first gets us. Like clockwork, she hops out of bed, performs a fierce downward dog, then proceeds to wake the neighborhood up with her ear shake.
2. Yesterday afternoon was a tough one. I was feeling rundown and Hailey was in the toddler mood where somehow she only wanted to do things she shouldn’t. She threw dry pasta all over the kitchen, climbed up on tables and had a couple of meltdowns. I did my best to distract her. Naked driveway time (for her, not me) worked well enough until 5:30 when I gave into an episode of Curious George and my wine glass.
3. October is broken. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be 87 degrees. I guess I’ll try to revel in another day or two of salads and the grill as I look forward to the 70s that next week should bring.
4. Running is intriguing me again. When Hailey is in school I’ve been lacing up and pounding pavement with Koda. Well, ‘pounding pavement’ may be a bit dramatic. We haven’t gone past 2.5 miles yet, but I’m loving that I’m ENJOYING it. I’ve also busted out a couple circuits this week. My disdain for burpees is confirmed, but my shoulders and inner thighs are pleasantly sore.
5. It’s odd that it’s a Friday and we don’t have any weekend plans. Not even a clean-out-the-front-flower-bed kind of plan (which desperately needs to be done). This should feel freeing, right? Instead it makes me feel unnerved. OCD much?
6. Has anyone tried making Jell-O worms? I really want to try this. I don’t know what ‘d do with them, but I just want to grab handfuls of them and scream WORMS! then stuff them in my mouth.
7. Ok, ok. I’m not mad at the warm temperatures anymore. Honey Lime Tequila Shrimp Tacos have saved the day! How amazing do these look?!
What are your plans for the weekend?