1. I somehow pulled off the neighborhood Halloween party. I certainly had some great helpers, but man was I nervous. The nerves were for nothing though. The food was great, the crafts were fun, a ton of kids showed up and the magician was a hit with all ages! Phew, glad that is checked off the list.
2. Halloween is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. Our neighborhood goes all out and this was the first year Hailey really got it.
And she went crazy.
We met up with some friends and after warming up with her first house, she excitedly would beg for more trick-or-treat all night long. She must have walked two miles, but was too excited to notice.
Walking must have helped burn off the excess sugar because we all got home and crashed hard at 9pm.
3. As if Halloween didn’t rock Hailey’s world enough, I’m attempting potty training boot camp today. I haven’t read a single book and am probably about as ill-prepared as you could possibly be. I have no idea what to expect, but we’re going to give it a go. Why didn’t I go ahead and do this when I could drink wine?
4. I’m happy to report I worked out this week. A full body circuit, a 2.5 mile wog, an upper body circuit and 3 mile bike ride. It might not sound like much, but after weeks of inconsistent exercise, I’m excited to be feeling back up for it. I’m hoping I can keep it up, even if it does make me consume double the calories I normally would.
5. Millet was a successful grain this week! I put it on top of greens with feta, tomatoes, olives and balsamic, but my favorite combo was with romaine, leftover taco meat, salsa, sour cream, cilantro and jalapenos. Considering making it next week too!
6. You know those annoying ‘who’s hot’ lists? Well, turns out they’re not so annoying when you’re included on them- ha! No, not me personally, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t desperately clinging to my sorority and alma mater to make me still feel hot as my belly rounds out and I end up with smeared avocado on my shirt at the end of everyday. Turns out Kappa Delta at The University of Georgia earned the highest honor of all –> Hottest sorority in the SEC. (…please sense my sarcasm here…). Now if only we can use our powers for good… you know, to beat Florida this weekend.
7. And now to make you smile (as if you needed a reason, it’s FRIDAY!), here’s Hailey in all her glory last night. She was too excited to even be able to focus on the camera. Gosh I love her.
Have a wonderful weekend!