The black eyed peas are soaked and ready, the collards are washed and torn (Ok, I bought them that way) and 2013 is here! I rang it in with family, fireside, while playing bridge. A far cry from my NYE plans of years past, but a wonderful evening nonetheless.
I’m sad to see all our family take off today, but I am ready to pack up Christmas and start eating like a sane person again.
I also have a list of of goals for 2013! No eye rolls, please, I’ve already posted my 2012 goal wrap up so all the resolution posts will be over soon. But first…
1. Run a race. Vague, right? 5k, 10k, half marathon (HA)- I haven’t quite decided yet, but I know I want to run one.
2. Cook with 5 new foods. This a repeat of last year, but I really enjoyed finding and experimenting with new ingredients.
3. Read 6 books. 2 for fun, 2 health related and 2 for personal growth. I realize this may not sound like much, but after missing my 10 book goal of 2012, I need to make this a SMART goal.
4. Yoga. Learn it, do it. My true goal is to be able to be on vacation and bust out at least 30 minutes of a yoga routine without any help or direction. I want to be able to walk down to the beach and yoga. I’m hoping my 15 days of yoga will help.
5. Teach Hailey to swim. We are water people and it’s important to me that Hailey learns safety around water as soon as possible. Will she be swimming laps before her 2nd birthday? Doubtful , but the sooner the better when getting comfortable with water.
6. Grow something. Last year David made me a beautiful garden which I filled with a plethora of plants. My yield ended up being abysmal, so this year I want to pick ONE plant and do it well. I’m thinking tomatoes.
7. Learn to can foods. With any luck, I’ll figure out how to grow tomatoes well and can some for the cold months! Orrrrr I can always buy a ton at the farmers market and do the same.
8. Organize the blog into categories. I love blogging but hate the technical side because, let’s be honest, I don’t understand it. I want this blog to be easier to search and navigate. Bear with me.
9. Say no to things I don’t want to do. Being a recovering people pleaser, I say yes to a lot of things I really don’t want to do. I know in life we all sometimes do things that we don’t want to do, but I need to be more selective. I sometimes find my plate too full, which in turn makes me an unpleasant-to-be-around stress ball. I have no one to blame but myself! I’m going to work on this in 2013.
Ok, done! I’m looking forward to a lot of focus on healthy food, exercise and baby (or toddler) talk around these parts in 2013. Reminder that MUNCHKIN MEALS continues this Thursday!
What is one of your goals or resolutions?