Two forgotten memories:
– the true intensity of a contraction.
– the haze and emotions that come with sleepless nights.
Two favorite phrases:
– “ov you mama” (Love you Mama)
– “A-ey go fasss” (Hailey goes fast!)
Two current favorite foods:
– Whole apples.
– Avocado (Ah-CA-do!)
Two favorite books:
– Dora the Explorer.
– Shel Silverstein ‘Where the Sidewalk Ends’
Two bedtime habits:
– Always jumps off the bed and runs to Koda for a hug, kiss and “nigh-nigh Koda.”
– Always checks to make sure she has baby, blanket, water and TWO pacis.
Two current frustrations:
– She tries to run from me in parking lots.
– Pulling my hair when she is tired or frustrated.
– Hates getting messy and will ask for napkins to clean up.
– Falls in love with shoes. Right now it’s boots. Only boots.
Two points of recent pride:
-Seamless transition to school and how the teachers tell me she is so helpful & kind.
-Listening (usually) when I ask her to obey me (put that back, don’t touch, come here).
Two favorite songs:
– You Are My Sunshine (our song)
Two favorite activities:
– Making play-dough balls and letters.
– Playing with dry pasta, cups and bowls.
Two baby habits:
– Pacifiers for bedtime and the car.
– We still use the baby bath tub!
Two big girl habits:
– No more high chair ever. Uses utensils and regular cups at home.
– Manners. Uses please, thank you and sorry regularly without being asked.
Two funny traits:
– The girl loves to sleep. She even sometimes asks to night-night before it’s time.
– Her faces. Love her excited/surprised, wide-eyed, open-mouthed OH expression.
Two favorite games:
– Hide and seek.
– Ashes, ashes we all fall DOWN.
Two favorite chores:
– Carrying the mail.
– Handing me the utensils from the dishwasher to put up.
Two things that have melted my heart recently:
– Unsolicited hugs and kisses out of the blue just because “ov you.”
– She pointed a cut on my knee and said “oh no, mama boo boo” and kissed it.
TOO many laughs, to count.
TOO much love to put into words.
TOO much personality to capture.
TWO people that never knew what they were missing until she made us parents.
TWO incredible years on Sunday.
and TO many, many, many more birthdays spent together.
Happy birthday Hailey; we love you!