I struggled with what to title this post. Another coffee date? Thursday thoughts? Random tidbits? Whatever the title, I’m just here to chat and share for a minute. No well thought out, 7 things you need to know or recipe type post today. Just my rambling.
…wait, where’d you all go??
1. Yesterday morning I had a brunch date set with my friend, Kelly. Or so I thought. When I walked in to meet her I was blown away to find this
waiting for me along with all of these wonderful ladies and their kids!
Kelly had been wanting to throw me a shower and I kept telling her no, so the little sneak went behind my back! I was really overwhelmed, which I must have said a million times and a tear or two might have fallen from my eyes.
Thanks to my generous friends, I am going to have one well-dressed little girl. Kelly, you are too much!
And the icing on the proverbial cake? My MOM was there!! All the way from G-A! Hailey was over the moon excited by that of course, as was I. Overwhelmed with gratitude is the only way I can think to describe the whole morning.
2. Gosh, after a surprise like that, what else is there to chat about? Can I mention again that I’m really grateful to have my mom’s help for a day or two? I’ll share more of an update tomorrow, but late pregnancy is starting to settle in. I’m not sleeping as well, having more aches and pains and woke up this morning to a sore throat. I’m currently sipping on some apple cider vinegar and pity my mom for having to hang out with me once I pop a garlic clove in my mouth. I’m going to hit up all these natural sore throat cures today.
3. Salad! I’m so hooked on pears or strawberries in salads right now when combined with blue cheese crumbles. I highly suggest the following combo: baby spinach and arugula, strawberries, avocado, green onions, blue cheese crumbles, slivered almonds and Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette. I’ve been eating some variance of this daily. So good!
4. For those that have asked, potty training has been going really well for what I was expecting! Hailey is pretty much day trained and hasn’t had an accident in a few days. We are still fighting the battle with #2s, but that may go on for a while. She went once in the potty, but not on purpose. She prefers to wait for her pull up (which she wears for sleeping). Overall, I’m incredibly pleased that it went better than I anticipated. I also get a kick out of the fact that she likes to share with everyone we see that she went tee-tee in the potty! Luckily we hang out with a lot of other moms that get it and high five her for her accomplishments.
5. I started a garden! (Again). Well, I weeded half of it and threw in a few plants. I typically end up trying to go too big and the whole thing falls apart, so I’m hoping by focusing on just a few plants this year I can gain some confidence and do more next year. Plus we are growing a few herbs on the porch, which Hailey is really excited about.
6. Thanks for the support of Sevenly and St. Baldrick’s yesterday! I was excited to share about the organization and was thrilled to hear that some of you already knew of them and have bought gifts for others through them- what an awesome idea!! The randomly chose winner is comment #18, Nancy who picked the super cute Keep Calm Boyfriend tee. Check your inbox Nancy!
7. You know, I really don’t have a 7, but I can’t bring myself to end on a number 6. There. That’s one quirk about me you perhaps didn’t know before
Share with me!
Have you ever been completely surprised by a party, shower, kind deed from a friend?
Are you doing a garden this year? What are you planting?
Any spring flavor or food that you are hooked on lately?