I’m excited to share with you some gift ideas for 18 month… —ok, toddlers!
But first, I can not believe it but Thanksgiving week is HERE! The girls and I took off Saturday to Georgia to begin our whirlwind Thanksgiving extravaganza. We have wasted no time in jumping to the swing of the holiday season at Nana and Papa John’s house.
A spaghetti dinner started things off on a delicious foot and Hailey felt special to get to sit at the big table next to Grandma Betty. She surprised me with her great behavior while Kaitlyn, on the other hand, lasted a good 10 seconds in her high chair.
Sunday was filled with golf cart rides, the playground and cookie making…errr… ingredient eating?
The girls ate more decorations than made it on to the cookies. We let the girls totally take charge of decorating, which of course ended with pure sugar cookie perfection.
Cookies this festive can only mean one thing- falalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaa! With Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and then the countdown to Christmas approaching, I know we are all looking to check off our shopping lists. I’ve spent time combing over some of our family’s current favorites and most requested in hopes of offering some inspiration and ideas if you’re shopping for little ones the same age.
Today, it’s all about the cute toddlers! Here are some guaranteed hits. Peruse it now or pin it for other occasions later!
- Fisher Price Little People Animal Friends Farm – what is it about Little People that entertain kids so? Toy makers must know what they are doing because my girl love them! This fun set includes 7 farm animal figures, perfect for working with toddlers on their animal sounds, and the barn folds up to make it an easy toy to tote around.
- Soft Pull-Back Vehicles – These are great toys to help develop fine motor skills, but more than that, they are just plain fun! Soft and cushy, just pull them backwards to rev up their motor, then watch them fly across the floor. Toddlers will LOVE these.
- Play Teepee with Mesh Window– I don’t know a child that doesn’t love having a house, fort or tent to play in. This play teepee will be a favorite for years to come!
- V-Tech Race Car Set – This racetrack set is easy to assemble and comes with a toddler-specific remote control so they can race their car around the track. There is also a similar train set if you prefer, and either one will provide hours of entertainment.
- Melissa & Doug Shopping Cart – My mom and dad gifted this to Hailey years ago and to this day, it’s still a household favorite. If you’re looking for a sturdy toy to withstand the test of time, I highly recommend this cart!
- Toddler Sled – Cold weather is coming and this is a perfect gift to have on hand if there is even a slight chance of snow. This toddler sled has a high back and safety straps, plus comes with a tow rope for parents to easily tow their toddlers through the show.
- Wooden Puzzles with Sound – Great for fine motor skills and the sounds available are endless. Personally we love the farm animal version but I hear this Mickey Mouse version is a hit (shocker!)
- Touch and Sound Books – If you’ve ever tried to read to a toddler, you know their attention span is about 5 seconds long. These sturdy books that engage the senses of touch and sound will buy you another 10 seconds of focus. Easily. Ha, but really, Kaitlyn loves them!
- Color Wonder – If you are not yet familiar with Color Wonder, let me introduce you because it’s awesome! They make different color markers that only show up on special paper. It’s perfect for the toddler with an older sibling that demands to use a markers too. These are fantastic and would make a great stocking stuffer!
- Cardboard Building Blocks – These toys are classics for a reason. Toddlers love to stack and build and these blocks make it safe and easy for them to build tall walls, then knock them down. The blocks are sturdy while staying lightweight. Let their imaginations take off!
There are some of our favorites and I hope you found the list helpful!
[Tweet “Great gift ideas for toddlers from @ahealthyslice – check it out! #18months #toddler “]
What is a toddler gift you’ve given or received that was a big hit?
Lindsey @ Simply Lindsey says
These are great gift ideas! I would have loved #5 when I was little! 🙂 I haven’t given a toddler gift in quite a while, but a friend recently told me she’s building her niece and nephew’s Disney movie collection and gets them one every Christmas/birthday. I loved that idea!
Brittany Dixon says
I wanted NOTHING more when I was a little girl than the entire Disney movie collection. What a great gift to give!
Ahh… good ideas. We already have the an eye on the teepee for our son who will turn one in December. Oh my god, byebye baby! 😉
Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me says
Thinking back to when I was a toddler, I would have fawned over that farm for ages. I loved creating little scenarios for the dolls I had, but add in animals, I would have been so enveloped! All of these look great, and my boss actually has a 19 month old, so this is perfect! I may go halfsies with one of my coworkers on one of these products.
Brittany Dixon says
Can you remember back to when you were a toddler?! If so, please share your amazing memory with me. That is awesome!
Thank you so much!!!! Perfect timing for me as I’m shopping for an 18 month old 🙂 I will definitely use this list!!
Brittany Dixon says
Oh have fun shopping- such a fun age to shop for 🙂 Glad it was helpful for you!
My toddler just received the little people barn and a shopping cart for his first birthday, both of which he loves. He also loves building blocks! We have some soft ones that we build up and he likes to knock down! We are teaching him how to put things back and how to stack and I think the blocks are perfect! And he LOVES balloons, he carried his birthday balloon around with him for days!
Brittany Dixon says
Oh my gosh yes to balloons! Makes me want to go buy a few to tie to the stockings because you’re right, balloons are such a hit!
Tami @ Have My Cake says
Those cardboard building blocks are amazing! Aria got them for her birthday and they’re so much more versatile than the old school blocks that are all the same size.
Happy start of the holidays!
Lol! I used to work for the company that publishes down on the farm.
angry birds go 2 says
Thanks really been a great article .. I like it when people come together and share opinions. Great website.
Kathryn Doherty says
Love these ideas! Definitely some of our favorites here – the pull-back cars, race track set and Color Wonder. Blocks and basic puzzles were popular too. Mine are just past this stage but these are still hits in our house!
angry birds rio says
I came very wonderful site, I’m here now, thank you.