Oh the elusive tweens; they can be so challenging to shop for as their varying interests begin to emerge. That’s why I am sharing items we have tested ourselves with my 11 year old and sharing only her favorites and the items we plan to gift her this year. Any of these will bring a smile to the face of the 10 or 11 year old girl on your list this season!
Find these and other family favorites conveniently linked on my storefront.
Money Bath Bomb
Guaranteed to have a money surprise inside (varying from $1-$100), this bath bomb is such a fun surprise she’ll hop right into the tub with to see what she’s won. For an age that can be tough to buy for, this brought a huge grin to Hailey’s face on her 11th birthday.
Vibrant and easy to use, these “big kid/adult” style markers will help her take her drawing masterpieces to the next level with options for shading and blending that other markers don’t provide.
InStax Mini Camera with Film
What better way to express herself than by having the power to snap pictures and display the things she loves? My 11 year old still uses this often after getting it for her 10th birthday. The secret here is that the film is a bit pricy. The kit linked comes with three packs of film, which will last her a while and will be something she is grateful to have.
Harry Potter Lego Sets
We have several of these sets that we’ve collected over the years. Hailey just finished putting together The Burrow and it’s so charming. The sets range in price from the simple Hagrid’s Hut to the entire Hogwarts Castle. A nice middle ground is the Chamber of Secrets which is large enough to provide fun play and secret hidden features, but not as expensive as the full castle or villages.
Add some groovy fun to her room with this fun and funky lamp. It gives off a great glow for winding down in the evening. It comes in several color combinations and the lava warms up and begins flowing fairly quickly.
LED Room Decoration Lights or Photo Clip Fairy Lights
Self expression starts to be more pronounced in these tween ages, so giving them a way to decorate their room is welcomed. The LED lights make for a fun evening glow and the fairy lights are remote control and a great spot to hang all the pictures of family and friends they snap with their polaroid.
New Board Game
Spend some time together playing a new game, which is a ton of fun now that kids are old enough to get into real games that aren’t as mind-numbing as those first beginner games can be. Two of our favorites are Trekking the World and Ticket to Ride Europe but you browse all our favorites here.
If your child is interested in cooking, I highly recommend both the Young Chef’s Cookbook or Young Chef’s Baking Book, both which will have them creating real deal meals and baked goods thanks to their easy to follow directions and plethora of pictures.
Tween Diary Set with Gel Pens
This was a hit for Hailey, as she loved designing her own journal to write about her day. Fun gel pens, a set just for her, makes doodling and writing even more fun!
Essential Oil Diffuser
This or a nice candle, but it’s nice to not have to worry about them remembering to blow it out. This sleek diffuser, gifted with a selection of yummy smelling oils, will allow her to create a cozy environment in her space.
Desk and Chair
If you are looking for a big gift, this was a slam dunk for Hailey’s birthday. I looked at a ton of desk options and ultimately went with this one (we bought it on Wayfair but it’s cheaper by over $100 at Walmart) and we’ve been very pleased. It took a little time to assemble, but it’s sturdy and large and she loves it. This chair comes in several colors; we went with yellow and she loves it- comfy and super cute.
Temporary Tattoo Markers
A great, just for fun gift, these markers will allow your artist to decorate herself and her friends (or little sister) in fun designs that will wash off in a day or two.
Other Gift Ideas for 11 Year Old Girls
- A favorite snack, like a favorite flavor of chips or favorite Zevia six pack or a candy she doesn’t often get.
- Gift card: to an ice cream shop, to the movies, to the climbing gym, to Target. She will love the freedom and autonomy that comes with getting to spend a gift card on whatever his or her heart desires.
- Magazine subscription: First of all, who doesn’t love getting mail? Whether it’s National Geographic Kids, A Girl’s Life, or a craft magazine, she’ll look forward to getting it every month.
- A subscription or lesson that will encourage a hobby. You can purchase single kids cooking classes at Sur La Table or Flour Power. A sewing or painting class would be awesome for an art lover, as well. You could also look into horse back riding or a climbing gym or a golf lesson. It’s always a welcome treat to be gifted an experience.
- Frame one of her original art pieces in a beautiful frame. So often gets put on the fridge then shoved in the back of a drawer (or the trash can). An original work of art displayed in a beautiful frame and hung on the wall is a thoughtful gift that the child can feel proud of day in and day out.
- Annual membership to a favorite museum, gym, etc. This certainly falls under the category of a big gift, but the gift to enjoy 365 days to a science museum, a zoo, an activity gym, a botanical garden, etc, would definitely be welcomed.
Great ideas for any occasion! Thank you!