I think I can honestly say that 18 months is my favorite age yet. I’ve enjoyed all the ages and stages, but 18 months takes the cake. Right now Hailey is so interactive, explorative and downright funny. And so in honor of this milestone, I prepared a little ode.
18 months, I love you.
Everyday is something new.
I must use locks now because she loves opening doors.
On warm, sunny days we make games out of yard chores.
She nods her head to say yes and shakes it when she refuses.
She throws her arms behind her to run fast, which led to her first cuts and bruises.
She loves saying and pointing out ears, eyes and noses.
From 7 ‘til 8 and from noon to 2 she dozes.
Tantrums have subsided this month; I think because of better communication.
Her expressions are priceless, whether expressing disapproval, surprise or elation.
Hailey is a careful girl and approaches stairs and slides with caution.
She always waves and blows kisses when she says goodbye and I think it’s pretty awesome.
She went through a daddy phase, which I simultaneously loved and broke my heart.
But for the past week she’s been a momma’s girl, never wanting us to part.
She has a mouth full of teeth and the sharp ones are coming through.
She’s mastered the spoon and is back to being my good eater, too.
Hailey, you light up my life more than you’ll ever understand.
I hope you’ll always talk my ear off, snuggle up and hold my hand.
- 31.5 inches tall (75%)
- 22 lbs 12 ounces (25-50%)
- 18 inch head circumference (50%)
- 12 teeth with 3 incisors starting to poke through
- size 4 diapers
- clothes 18-24 months
- favorite words- Koda, fish, dada, milk (kah), cracker, balloon, ball, shoes, roarrrrr (lion), quack quack (duck)
- no haircut yet; not sure if I’ll ever be ready for that
- likes to help me unload the dishwasher and hands me one utensil at a time. It takes forever and I love it.
- Mom’s favorite moment- rocking her before bed last night. She curled up on my lap and I noticed how much she has grown from the tiny infant I used to hold. Now her head rests under my chin, her arms wrapped around mine and her legs curled up beside her still reach down to my legs. I could hug her forever!