Yes, yes, I just posted a ‘things you may not know about me’ post the other day BUT the girls and I are leaving today to head down to Georgia (it’s my Grandma Betty’s 94th birthday y’all!) and I spent most of yesterday trying to pack up. Because of that and my love for jumping on bandwagons, I’m posting a little survey that I saw on both Julie and Tina’s blogs.
Warning, indulgent pictures and reminiscing overload ahead…
1. I’m happiest when… I’m with my family.
2. …Especially if it… is around holidays when everyone is relaxed, happy and wine is involved.
3. I’ve always wanted to… See a whale in it’s natural environment. Maybe even swim next to one? Preferably from our own catamaran. (Hey, the question didn’t say it had to be logical!)
4. My family and I… are very close.
5. I was a terrible… teenager. Ok, not too terrible I hope, but around 14 I was such a brat to my parents (sorry again!). And I definitely tried my fair share of sneaking out of the house.
6. My first job was… at Target, where my love for the store first blossomed. Fun facts, I also worked at Baskin Robbins and The Cookie Company.
7. I could probably eat chips and salsa everyday.
8. I stole… David’s heart. It only took 7 years. HA.
9. I was born on the same day as… I have no clue so I looked it up and apparently Phillip Phillips and I share a birthday, but he is 7 years younger. WTH?
10. My all-time favorite film is… Father of the Bride. Fun fact: before my wedding, I drove to see my dad and we sat together on the couch and both teared up as we watched ”our movie.”
11. I do a pretty mean… Koda voice. She’s a lady pup, but the ‘voice’ David and I use for her is very Eeyore-esque. And I can nail it.
12. I’m still mad… I didn’t study abroad. I worked through college and the summer my friends all spent studying abroad, I stayed behind to work extra shifts at Buffalo’s Café. I’m sure I made some extra cash, but who knows where it went. I wish I had memories instead.
13. I met my husband… At a Georgia/Georgia Tech football tailgate. My friend Kristin and I were looking for a break from walking in heels (oh, football in the south!) and sat right down on his couch.
14. I always knew I wanted… kids. I always thought I’d like being a mom, but underestimated the joy (and sometimes exhaustion) it would bring to my life.
15. I’m not afraid to… leave the house without make up. Or with Hailey wearing pajamas. I don’t always have it together.
16. I make the best… egg breakfasts. I finally nailed the over-medium egg and can assemble a drool-worthy breakfast sandwich!
17. I have almost no… knowledge of wine beyond “I like red.” However, I’d love to learn!
18. I always cry when… when those dang animal commercials come on TV. Just hearing that In the Arms of an Angel song and I’m soaked in tears.
19. I’m (now) a North Carolinian, but I will always be a GA girl at heart (Go dawgs!).
20. I spent 12 years… in the same house. In fact, I lived in the same house from the time I was 2 until I left for college. When in the area, I’ll still drive by to take a peek at my childhood home.
21. I wish my folks… Lived closer to me.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with _____ and ______. Um… am I supposed to remember? I can remember my kindergarten teacher’s name, Ms. Smith and my first grade teacher, Ms. Durbin, until she got married and became Ms. Lathrop. Does that count? (PS- check out my sweet ‘do… yup, the one in the overalls)
23. I believe if everyone exercised a little more kindness, the world would be a better place. Totally snagging this one from Julie. Maybe I’m a “let’s bake a giant cake full of rainbows and butterflies” kind of gal, but seriously, I don’t get people who just want to tear others down. #rainbowsandbutterfliesforever
24. I can’t stand… spiders. Or silverfish. It’s the tons-of-legs thing. Ew.
25. Whenever Harry Potter is on, I’ll watch it. I’m such a sucker for childhood magic.
It’s always more fun when you share too! Pick a question and answer it in a comment!