Hi friends! It’s finally September!!!
I’m still here (I guess you knew that because I keep blogging everyday…) and going strong at 39.2 weeks pregnant.
I will have another doctor appointment tomorrow, but last Friday’s appointment looked something like this:
- Blood Pressure: 104/68
- Blood Sugar: 78
- Baby D’s Heart Rate: High 140’s
- Weight Gained: 30 lbs (it seems to have stabilized)
- Progress: 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced
- Measuring: right on schedule at 38 weeks (last week)
I felt more like Baby D could come any day when I was 36 weeks more so than I do now. Physically I feel great. Well, I feel large (duh) and kind of wiggle when I walk, and occasionally have that odd inner thigh nerve thing, but overall, feeling good.
My biggest worry right now is that Baby D is posterior, meaning head down, but facing outwards instead of facing my spine.
Baby D still may be able to rotate, but if not, this position makes labor longer and more painful, which really makes me worry about my plans for a natural childbirth. I’m trying everything I can to turn the baby, which includes no reclining, a lot of time on hands and knees and leaning over counters. Basically, nothing comfortable.
However, I think I’ve reached the point where I’m ready- regardless of what position Baby D is in. Although I am still striving for a non-medicated childbirth, I’m ready for this baby to come because whatever labor brings, I know at the end of it, I will have her/him in my arms.
So, with that being said, and only being 5 days away from my due date, I’m ready to push the ‘eject’ button… in a natural way, of course!
Here’s my plan:
- Eggplant – done this. Multiple time. Nada.
- Pineapple – sounds delicious. I need to pick some up.
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea– I’ve been drinking 2 cups a day for 2 weeks.
- Walking– I’ve been walking at least 40 minutes a day (one day I walked for 1.5 hours!) on days when I’m not doing yoga.
- Spicy Foods– What is considered spicy? I put Texas Pete and red pepper flakes on almost every dinner, but it just tastes yummy. I don’t feel anything happening.
- Acupressure– I found some videos on youtube and have been pushing on my Achilles heal soft spot and Hubbs has been pushing on the shoulder and back spots.
- Bouncing on a Birth Ball– I sit on it all day now.
- Yoga– 1x/week
- Some special time with Hubbs? – I obviously am not going into detail on this one, but I’ve heard it can work wonders. Now if only I can find some sexy lingerie that can accommodate a watermelon in the midsection. Does that sound enticing or what, fellas??
Bottom line… I’m just so ready…
Have you heard of any natural methods that you or a friend swear by?
Please share them with me!