As I reflect back over the past year, it’s hard to imagine how much life has changed. A year ago today I didn’t even know that my precious Hailey was on the way, and now here I sit typing next to a cooing, smiley 3 month old.
I looked up my goals for 2011 that I posted last year to see how I did:
- Try parsnip fries – CHECK!
- Read The Hunger Games – Check! Now, I’m looking forward to seeing the movie.
- Run a 10k – My plans got delayed when I found out I was pregnant the day after I wrote these goals So, this goal was not reached.
- Include yoga in my routine at least a few times a month- Check! I’m proud that I attended prenatal yoga all the up the the week Hailey was born
- Do something (how vague, right?) competely and totally new to me and out of my comfort zone – Um… check!
- Travel on the weekends less so I can meet more friends locally – Although I certainly did travel less, I give myself a so-so on this goal. I did meet more people locally, but haven’t spent as much time as I’d like building deeper friendships with them.
- Become more comfortable giving presentations (AKA: stop my hands from shaking every time I go in to talk to someone new about business) – I do think I became more comfortable, but I also hired someone to go out and market for me, so I kind of cheated.
- Grow some of my own food – Check! … though it was mostly herbs.
- Worry less, live more. – Though it’s hard to measure this one, I think I made progress
My focus this past year was mainly on living a healthy lifestyle to give Hailey the best start to life I possibly could. I focused on eating the right things throughout pregnancy, staying active and managing stress. So looking forward to 2012, I wanted to lay out some goals that will challenge me, help me grow and allow me to continue to focus on my top priorities: my family and my (and their) health. Without further adieu…
- Run a 10k
- Get back into yoga (3 times a month minimum)
- Read 10 books (at least 1 nonfiction)
- Learn a new cooking technique
- Use 5 ingredients in the kitchen that I’ve never used before
- Reach out to and get together with a local friend at least once a month
- Take swim lessons with Hailey
- Go on a date night with Hubbs at least once a month
- Continue to work on being in the moment Hopping on the road this morning… talk to you when I get to where I’m going
I know some people are anti-resolution, but what is one thing you hope to accomplish in 2012?