I’ve really loved reading the survey results so THANK YOU for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your input has me excited to map things out for the upcoming months, as you’ve given me some great post ideas. I’m going to close the survey on Thursday night and pick the gift card winner Friday morning when I share the results.
But now, I have a recipe to share!
…What? A recipe? Yes, it’s been a while because I don’t have as much play time in the kitchen as I once did and really am focusing on recipes that are easy and healthy. This one fits the bill.
This recipe can be modified in a million ways to suit your particular tastes. You can add herbs for more flavor or reserve more broth to make it even creamier, or keep it simple because it’s delicious as is. David isn’t one for wacky foods posing for another, but he was pleasantly surprised at how tasty these wannabe mashed potatoes were.
One word of warning though. Oh cauliflower…
I love thee for your versatility and nutrition, but I loathe the way you smell while cooking. This is not a recipe you want to make to try and wow the guests as they walk in the door, but if it’s just you, light a fall candle and enjoy the heck out of this simple low-carb side dish.
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- (more salt and pepper to taste)
- Trim cauliflower and cut it into large florets.
- Place cauliflower, broth and peeled garlic cloves in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Drain broth from crockpot, reserving 1 cup.
- Using a potato masher or a immersion blender, mash the cauliflower until it reaches your desired consistency, adding in reserved broth as needed to make it creamer. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
What is your favorite dish to make in the crock pot?
I love it for making broth and chili, but am enjoying exploring new ways to use it for sides/breakfast/etc.