The exhilaration from finishing kicking butt at my first 5k is slowly wearing off. By the way, Maya was kind enough to explain the difference to me between gun time and net time, so I actually finished in 29:14!! Wa-hoo 🙂
But since Saturday, I haven’t run a lick. Blame it on the cold, rainy weather, or my “sore” hamstring, my business with work stuff or pure laziness, but I haven’t felt inspired to run. I went for a bike ride, a long walk with the bug, but no running. It leaves me wondering: where do I go from here?
I know I’d like to keep running in my routine because
- It really has toned my thighs. All last year’s jeans are fitting loser in the legs, and call me vain, but I like it.
- I feel powerful when I run (most days) and I like saying ’I’m a RUNNER…biatch’ OK, so I don’t say the last part 😉
- It’s a quick way to get in a workout. No driving anywhere, just stepping out my front door for 30 minutes or so. Not bad.
- Koda-bug can exercise with me. Call me dog obsessed, but I feel guilty when I get to go workout and she doesn’t.
However, I am afraid if I don’t have a training schedule to stick to, running will fall by the wayside. So… do I sign up for another 5k? Or a 10k? A 10k scares the fool out of me… but does that mean I should do it then?
I also want to incorporate some yoga back into my routine. I miss it SO much. Since I live in Nascar Country, where no yoga studios exist, that probably means rejoining the Y. Which is fine. But will I have time to run and go to the Y? Especially if I decide to start zumba-ing and other group classes again?
So blends, I’m asking for your input…
Please vote for your favorite:
- Sign up for my second 5k (just because I did it once, doesn’t mean it was easy)
- Get crazy and sign up for a 10k (definitely for a few months down the road!)
- Run only when I feel like it, and instead do a mix of yoga & group classes
PS- Charlotte folk… WHOLE FOODS begins building their store in South Park in spring 2011— AHHHHHH!!!! Finally!!!! 🙂 I’m definitely going to be one of those people that makes a special trip down to Charlotte with my cooler in tow to grocery shop every week. Excited doesn’t even begin to explain it 🙂