Happy Friday all! Summer is certainly in full swing and I hope you have some fun plans for the weekend. I’m pretty pumped because…
1. My best friend is coming to visit for the weekend! It’s going to be fun-filled chaos with four sweet kids running around. I really can’t wait to catch up and watch the kids interact. I love that it was almost 2 years to the day since this picture was taken.
2. Little snack cups. Kaitlyn is in a mommy-phase and I love it, I really do, but sometimes I have to cook dinner and tossing things into boiling water while wearing her just doesn’t feel right. Well behold, I found the solution- I distract her with these awesome little cups. I put little snacks (cheddar bunnies, raisins) in them of course but even when the snacks are gone, she’ll play with putting things in and pulling them out. Plus they are easy to clean- love!
3. Zoodles! It has taken me some trial and error to get them just right, and it still can be hit or miss. I’ve found what helps work well for me is to use minimal oil (1-2 tsp), medium-high heat and err on the side of under-cooked. Mushy zucchini noodles just don’t do it for me. I also always throw in a sprinkle of red pepper flakes- yum!
For those that asked, I have this spiralizer and have really liked it! It is easy quick to pull out and use and easy to clean.
4. These pictures. I updated David’s desk frame for Father’s Day (and it is really fun to flip back through pictures like this from years’ past), but I kind of want to print this out for myself. These three have my heart!
5. Summertime. I know I’ve had a few words for this 100 degree nonsense, but I really am embracing the heat this year. It must cut our getting ready time in half since we don’t have to layer on socks, leggings and undershirts. Plus there is all kinds of water fun to be had! I ordered a new water table from zulily that should be here soon and I picked up a few more of these water squirters yesterday and are ready for some weekend water fights! My rookie mom mistake was letting the girls have them at the beginning of our Walmart trip. Little boys aren’t the only ones that like to pretend sword fight.
6. Experimenting in the kitchen. The guest for the great Mediterranean salmon continues. I haven’t nailed it yet, but I’m getting closer. And luckily eating the mistakes is still pretty fun!
7. And a happy Friday to you…