Thank you KiwiCo for sponsoring this post. Visit KiwiCo’s website to find the right crate for your child!
Have you ever heard that how we speak to our kids becomes their inner voice? I don’t remember where I heard that but it’s always stuck with me. I believe it to be true because there are times when the voice inside my head is 100% the voice of my mom or dad. I think that’s incredible and I’m grateful that I got to grow up in a home where those voices were supportive, encouraging, and loving (and I’m sure frustrated and annoyed at points, too, but I digress…).
I’m glad this has stuck with me because it’s helped me be more intentional with how I speak to my girls. A few of my most consistent affirmations are these:
- You are kind and generous.
- You are brave and strong.
- You are a problem solver, a creator, a helper, and you can do hard things.
I hope against hope that they internalize these things, know they are true, and strive to live in accordance.
I look for ways to reinforce these values beyond words as well. We encourage them to take on new challenges and to push themselves a little further than they think they can go. I try not to say “be careful” anymore after reading this article. We point out when they do something kind and give a thumbs up when we see them being generous. We say “problem-solve” a lot and give high fives when they handle a situation by themselves.
One of my favorite ways to encourage their growth and confidence is through KiwiCo’s Kiwi Crate. Our first experience with the monthly delivery service was a year ago when my mom and dad gave Hailey a six-month subscription for her seventh birthday. She enjoyed it so much that they gifted her another six-month subscription a few weeks ago when she turned eight.
I know why Hailey loves it: super cool, hands-on projects. But I’m a big fan as well! Here’s why:
- It’s a mom’s dream—EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN ONE BOX THAT GETS DELIVERED ON YOUR DOORSTEP. That means no extra trips to the store because I ran out of cotton balls.
- The projects all focus on making STEAM learning fun and engaging! (STEAM = science, technology, engineering, art, and math.)
- It’s a guaranteed monthly daddy-daughter date. David’s engineering mind means that he enjoys the KiwiCo crate projects as much as Hailey. I love that they can use the projects as bonding time.
- It’s a great gift to suggest to family. (Go ahead and share this link with them for a FREE trial) I don’t know about your kids, but mine LOVE getting mail, so a monthly delivery with a project we do together means they get excited again every month and it’s not a gift that is given, forgotten about, then collects dust in the corner of the room.
- As a homeschooling mom, I’m always looking for additional ways to make learning fun, and KiwiCo checks every box.
We get the Kiwi Crate, but KiwiCo has a range of delivery kits for kids of all ages, from 0-24 months all the way to the age range of 14-104 years old.
In all seriousness, we love these kits and I was so excited to share them with you today. Forward them to the grandparents, or sign up for a FREE trial crate of your own, all you have to cover is the cost of shipping. Your kids (and possibly your husbands, too…) are going to love them!