There’s nothing novel about a sheet pan chicken sausage meal, but let me introduce you to my go-to combo and method.
I love this dinner for so many reasons:
- It’s fast to prep and fast to cook.
- It’s non-starchy veggie heavy and packs a nutritional punch.
- You can easily bulk it up by serving it over rice if you need a heartier meal.
- The chicken sausage has so much flavor that only simple seasoning is needed.
With the ability to choose your seasoning of choice, it’s easy to customize to your family’s taste preferences. Sometime I’ll serve it with a dipping sauce on the side to make it even more enticing for Kaitlyn (ketchup is always her go to), but in general, both kids eat this dinner happily!
Enjoy this sheet pan chicken sausage dinner and want to try some other easy one-pan meals? You should check out:
- Chicken Thigh & Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- Rosemary Chicken & Brussels Sprout Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Pork Dinner
I love this simple dinner idea for it’s low mess and low carb factor. It’s easy and flavorful, can be adjusted to your preferences and bulks up easily when served over hot buttered rice.
12 oz chicken sausage
16 oz mini bell peppers
2 broccoli crowns
1.5 T Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice sausages into 1/2″ pieces. Chop the peppers into rings and the broccoli into individual florets. Arrange it all on the baking sheet in a single layer.
Spray generously with avocado or olive oil, then evenly sprinkle on Italian seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Bake for 25 minutes, then enjoy as is or serve over hot, buttered rice.