Another month has flown by. I think that’s just how life is going to go from now on. I’m OK with it. I’ve actually been doing a pretty good job of living in the moment and not let myself get caught up in trying to be perfect. And when you aren’t trying to be perfect, life is a lot of fun 🙂
Speaking of not being perfect…
I’ve actually been doing great at sticking with my wogging. I’m now on week 7 of Couch to 10k, which has me running for 4 minutes and walking for 2 minutes. It’s too much running to do with the stroller now, so I’ve been saving those for days when Hubbs can watch Hailey. However, on busy weeks, I still wog with Hailey, I just repeat a day from week 2 or 3, which has less running and more walking. It’s not perfect, but I’m proud of myself for sticking with it when I can’t follow the plan exactly (something I sometimes struggle with).
However, my strength training with the 30 day shred has fallen off completely. I blame the busy holiday season. I don’t know when I’ll hang out with Jillian again, but I could easily add some push ups, planks and other strength moves into my day. Note to self- do this.
I think my consistency and quality of exercise will improve when I am ready to bring Hailey to the gym with me, but I’m not sure when I’ll be ready for that. That’s a discussion for another post though.
has been a bit all over the place, too. I’ve been eating healthy foods about 70% of the time, and the other 30% has been filled with Christmas cookies and wine, pizza or Mexican. Typically I strive for more of a 85/15 balance. However, I don’t see this changing until after Christmas. I’m not writing off healthy food completely until next week, but I have a feeling there will be a bit more wine and snacks than usual this coming weekend.
Does eating carrots negate calories from Grandma Betty’s famous cream cheese dip??
and emotionally, I’m doing great. After my meltdown reevaluation, I’ve really focused on setting more reasonable and attainable goals for each day. I love being a mom and I’m learning everyday how to juggle everything that needs to get done more efficiently.
Now to the stats…
|2 Months Postpartum||3 Months Postpartum||Difference||Difference from Right Before Delivery|
|Around Belly Button||34.5”||32”||2.5”||10.5”|
|Weight||119.5 lbs||116 lbs||-3.5 lbs||-27.5 lbs|
I was shocked when I saw the pounds finally start to drop. I can’t believe I’m only 3 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight! I am excited about that, but more excited about getting back to feeling more firm. My abs could use some serious toning up!
I fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. A few pairs of jeans and a few shirts are still too small, and I think I’m just going to donate them. I actually don’t think some of the jeans fit me before I was pregnant, so why keep them around as a reminder that I’m no longer 16?
I’m pleased with my progress and have clear views of what I want to focus on the next month…
- arms & abs. I will do something everyday to benefit these areas.
- eating. More vegetables and more protein. I think I’ve had too much bread/cookies lately and need to balance it back out.
- keep up with the wogging, even if I can’t follow the Couch to 10k plan perfectly for the next few weeks.
Lining up these mini goals has me thinking about resolutions for the new years.
Do you set new years resolutions?
Have you thought about what you’d like to work on in 2012 yet?