1. I regret not going to Boston. I went to the airport as scheduled at 9:00am, but when things were still crazy at 11:00am I switched my flight to the 6:00pm flight and waited.
Surprisingly airport food is pretty decent. It finally came time to board at 5:30pm and they hadn’t found the lunatic yet. I decided that it didn’t make sense for me to fly further from my daughter and closer to a terrorist, so I cancelled. 30 minutes later they got they guy. At least Jet Blue was awesome about crediting me my entire cost back.
2. I love when my in-laws come for the weekend. It’s always busy, but we get so many chores done! We’re starting this Monday with a new kitchen faucet, newly installed baby gate, freshly stained benches, fresh cut lawn and a well-organized garage. We also had time to wander through yard sales, visit the farmers market, grocery shop and peruse an art festival in Davidson. See, busy.
3. I wanted the mason jar canvas so badly. Well, not badly enough to pay $1500 and some odd dollars for it. But aren’t these amazing?
4. Seeing a solar oven makes me want to move to Boulder. A true hippie bakes cookies using only the sunlight.
5. This jar from the farmers market of goat cheese, pesto, herbs and peppers and olives cost a ridiculous $16. It might have been worth it. SO good.
6. We believe in boat rides over couch time. Hailey was not herself Saturday. A low grade fever, super fussy and extra tired. We still went out on the water.
Bad parents? Maybe, but it did the trick! She was fine Sunday.
7. That monstrosity in the background of the above picture is my house. You like?
9. I took advantage of Mema’s extra helping hands and grocery shopped at the farmers market, Target and Harris Teeter. It was so much fun!
Monday– Baked Stuffed Rotini and Salad
Tuesday– Chicken and Black Bean Baked Tacos with Simple Side Taco Salad
Wednesday– Grilled Salmon and Strawberry and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad
Thursday– Cilantro Chicken with quinoa and roasted broccoli
I also bought a lot of toilet paper, cleaning supplies and restocked some staples, like apple cider vinegar, so this week’s total was closer to $140.
10. I bought sauerkraut without having the faintest idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?