This post is written in partnership with Genexa.
As a mom, I’m always looking for the best ways to take care of my family. The majority of this focuses on the basics of staying healthy: quality sleep, whole foods, sunshine, activity, drinking water, and washing hands.
For the most part, these have worked really well for us. Still, life happens and we’ve caught our share of colds, stomach aches, and random bugs.
When those arise, we go for natural remedies.
Still, there are times that arise when I need the real thing.
When Kaitlyn spikes a 103 fever at 2:00 AM; I want acetaminophen.
When Hailey is miserable and can’t sleep because her eyes are itching and swollen with spring pollen, I want diphenhydramine.
Traditionally that meant Tylenol for the former and Benadryl for the latter. That’s what I grew up with after all.
But did you know that many over the counter medications are typically 10% active ingredients? The other 90% is made from inactive ingredients, many of which contain artificial sweeteners and colors.
These medicines basically wrap what you need (the active ingredient) with inactive ingredients that are not necessarily so great for our bodies.
Even knowing that, I used these for my family because there wasn’t an alternative option. Until now.
Meet my new go-to medicine, Genexa.
What is Genexa?
Genexa is real medicine, made clean.
Their products have the same active ingredients (the part that makes you feel better) as leading competitors, such as acetaminophen, diphenhydramine, and calcium carbonate, but without artificial preservatives, dyes, flavors, and sweeteners.
What their products don’t have is equally as important as what they do. Their products don’t contain any alcohol, casein, talc, fragrances, parabens and artificial preservatives, flavorings, dyes and colors.
Genexa uses clean inactive ingredients such as organic agave syrup, organic blueberries and citrus extract.
Genexa is certified gluten-free, non-GMO, lactose-free, and many are certified vegan, making it a great choice for myself and my family.
It’s exactly what you need, without the artificial stuff you don’t.
What About Safety?
Since most OTC medicines have less than 10% of the active ingredient, the other 90%+ is made from inactive ingredients. It matters what those are, especially for children.
The National Academy of Sciences reported that children are profoundly different from adults in how they are affected by exposure to chemicals and pesticides. They are uniquely sensitive, as their bodies are still growing, so keeping them healthy requires special protections.
In short, what might be minimal exposure for an adult is more impactful in a child.
Genexa ensures the safety of its products through sourcing quality ingredients and adhering to all relevant FDA guidelines throughout the manufacturing process.
What Genexa Products Should I Start With?
I can tell you what I started with, and as I begin to use the other products (like the immune boosters), I can comment on those. To get set up with a cleaner medicine cabinet, I personally suggest:
- The Kids’ Best Seller Cabinet. This includes the Kids’ Pain and Fever, Kids’ Cough and Chest Congestion, Kids’ Allergy, Kids’ Immune Support, Kids’ Tummy Relief, and Kids’ Honey Cough Syrup (packaged together like this will save you 25%)
- Adult Antacid. Keep this on hand to help relieve heartburn, indigestion, and upset stomach.
- Adult Non-Drowsy Allergy. This homeopathic medicine addresses symptoms associated with hay fever or other respiratory allergies.
- Sleepology. A melatonin-free homeopathic remedy to help aid in deep and restful sleep.
Taking care of our families can feel overwhelming at times, especially when our children or ourselves are not feeling 100%. Genexa gives us the active ingredient we need to get feeling better without all the artificial junk we don’t.
Bundle four items and get 25% off your total purchase!