Well, actually, it’s more like getting to know me 😉 Over the last 2 weeks I’ve had a record breaking number of visits to the blog, and I wanted to say thanks for reading!! I really do love writing it, more than I even thought I would, and I love all of you, readers! *MuAh!*
In light of new readers, and the fact that I so very much enjoy getting to know my favorite bloggers better, I thought I’d share 10 random facts to give you a little more insight into who I am. I’ll warn you, it’s not health-focused, just who-the-heck-are-ya focused and something I thought would be fun for a Friday 🙂
1. In college I was known for being able to polish off a large Papa John’s pizza by myself. And did so a couple times a week. (Does that tell you how far I’ve come, or what?!)
2. I pretty much had the perfect childhood. I had (& still have) a mom & dad that love each other very much and have been married over 30 years. I have one sibling, and older brother, who (despite taking it upon himself to be my third parent during my teenage years) is a great role model, person and friend.
3. Growing up I wasn’t allowed to have a dog (supposedly dad is allergic…) so instead, I talked my parents into letting me have Sammy, the pig. I can’t find a picture, but she looked like this when she was little.
4. Because of said “pet”, I became a vegetarian. I didn’t eat meat for 5 years. Then, my sophomore year of high school I went camping with friends. All we had to eat was meat. I ate hot dogs and steak. And never looked back.
5. I met Hubbs at a Georgia (GO DAWGS!)/Georgia Tech (booo Jackets) tailgate in 2003. 5 years later he proposed in the North Carolina mountains. I said yes.
6. My favorite color is purple (as you can tell from my wedding colors),and I’ve decided I don’t really have a favorite number… just an odd extreme-dislike of even numbers.
7. I think I was born in the wrong decade. Not only do I have strong desires to be a hippie, I also have an undying love of music from the 50’s & 60’s. I picture poodle skirts, sock hops and soda shops and feel like I totally should have been around when the world was more like Pleasantville.
8. I feel most at peace and alive when I’m out in nature. I would go crazy living in the middle of a city (odd that I lived in Atlanta after college). I could easily live in a small town in the mountains and be happy forever (as long as I could travel the world, too!)
9. I’ve swam (swum? went swimming with?) with manatees in a freezing cold river. Meet my friend, Moe.
10. My biggest fear is that the end of my life I’ll look back and not have done all I wanted to do. That’s why I am determined to dream big, live for the moment and not let fear hold me back.
Now help me get to know you better…
What is one interesting fact about YOU?
Happy Friday!!! 🙂