1. Big news for local folks! Did you know that Whole Foods has officially signed a lease to open a store in the Lake Norman area in late 2014?! Details on exactly where aren’t public yet, but I’m hoping for Davidson/Mooresville! If anyone has the inside scoop, I’ll cook you dinner for the details.
2. You guys, I am so embarrassed, but yesterday I was scammed. A guy in a pickup truck carrying a freezer pulled into my driveway and told me he has real, grass-fed beef for sale. He said he worked for a company called Prairie Gold and just dropped off orders to customers in my area and had a couple steaks leftover he was trying to sell. (Ugh, it’s so painfully embarrassing to admit). He tried to get me to buy 5 boxes of steaks for $150. I told him no way, but after going back and forth, I ended up spending $20 on 5 strips because of the grass-fed daze I was in. As soon as I walked inside, the notion that this guy could have been lying occurred to me. I started googling furiously and found several links to scam reports and recalls. I was livid. At myself. For being an idiot. As Dave Ramsey would call it… Stupid Tax.
Sure, I’ll drive to Whole Foods for quality food, but then I’ll buy meat from the back of an unmarked pickup? C’mon, Brittany. Common sense. I’m throwing all the meat out because I don’t trust it enough to feed my family or anyone else’s. Now I’m $20 short in my grocery budget. Wish me luck!
3. The only sprinkles my child knows are chia seeds and she loves them. She asks for sprinkles to put in everything! I am equal parts giddy and proud over this.
4. If you follow me on facebook or twitter, I apologize for venting my frustrations with my blog. A lot is going on behind the scenes and I have a guy working to try and fix slow loading, font issues and linking issues. Thank you for bearing with me and if you have any issues with this site, will you comment below and let me me know what they are?
5. Next month I will turn 30 years old. Woah. I figured we’d celebrate with a nice dinner out because David had to work that weekend. Well, when we grabbed dinner last Sunday he told me he had a surprise for me. As I received clues and letters through dinner, I finally figured it out. We’re headed to
to celebrate!!!! Neither one of us has ever been and I’m over-the-moon excited! Any suggestions on places to stay, where to eat or things we must do?!
6. A new family member arrived yesterday! My cousin and his wife (who I’m so close to that I call her a cousin too, but that would sound weird. We aren’t that southern ;)) welcomed their baby girl, Olyvia Lynn into the world! Congratulations!!!
7. Here we go… vlog #2!