1. I DID IT!!!! I found the world’s most amazing omelet combination. I literally closed my eyes and savored every bite of this breakfast this morning.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 Oz Goat Cheese
- 1/4 c Chopped Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Diced Onions
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Salsa
Saute the onion. Once soft, add the spinach. Then pour in the eggs. Let cook for a bit, and once it is 99% set, sprinkle in goat cheese. Fold over, transfer to plate, top with salsa and enjoy the pure heavenly bliss of creamy goat cheese.
2. His and Her’s. Sometime I get asked how to feed a hungry man without matching him bite for bite. Well, here’s an example of a how I do dinner. Using the same basics:
Hubbs gets a plate of rotini, sauce, turkey meatballs and homemade Onion Rosemary Whole Wheat Focaccia (recipe coming soon). Topped with parmesan cheese.
I use the same basics, but start with a bed of torn baby spinach (the hot rotini will wilt it), diced red onion, then top with rotini, sauce and a few less turkey meatballs. Topped with red pepper flakes!
Ta-da! His and her’s without making two separate meals.
3. Looks can be deceiving. I posted this picture on twitter (@AHealthySlice) a week ago:
April Fools! It’s a strap on belly! Who knew they had those in dressing rooms? It was fun to get a glimpse into my near future.
4. Hardee’s now sells Turkey Burgers!
480 calories, 17 g fat, 47 g carb, 31 g protein.
Skip the mayo and you’ll save some fat and calories.
Anyone tried one? Verdict? I might have to do some market research and report back. (Though it won’t help my sodium goal- 930 mg sodium!)
5. We’re going to the doctor today! It’s our BIG ultrasound. Baby D will have lots of measurements taken and we’ll get to see him/her for 30 minutes on screen. I’m giddy! …and nervous.
Please send good thoughts our way that we have a healthy baby growing!!
And have a FAB-u-LOUS Friday and weekend!