Day 2 of the organization challenge is complete! Before I toss the confetti into the air, I’ll admit, it was an easy one.
Having a medium-sized purse makes it difficult to overload. Still I somehow accumulated more pens than I use in a week, some trash, wrappers and old receipts. It was life-changing, but still felt good to clean it out.
The diaper bag (that I keep in the car) was in rougher shape. Again, an overload of pens, but also a decent amount of trash, old snacks (ew), a sock, random bows and other odds and ends. It feels much better now!
Now let’s do a little Friday countdown!
5 Things that Make Me Happy
– Naps. I keep thinking I’ve quit them, but I can’t.
– How much Hailey loves her grandparents.
– Knowing Game of Thrones season 3 will be out on DVD soon. No spoilers, please!
– That Hailey insists on a ‘big ‘ug and keese’ from me every night before bed. Also, hearing her say ‘love you mommy’ – oh, she melts me!
– Climbing under sheets that feel like they’re straight from the dryer. We splurged on a heated mattress pad which we turn on an hour before bed, then switch off as we hop in. It’s incredible.
4 Meals I’ve Enjoyed Lately
Romaine, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, carrots, green peppers, red onion, feta and oregano. With homemade pizza of course!
French toast made with homemade cinnamon raisin bread, topped with sautéed pear and banana with maple syrup.
La Tortilla wrap with hummus, quinoa, romaine, cherry tomatoes, spinach, kalamata olives, feta and jalapenos. Topped with Garlic Expressions dressing.
New Year’s day meal of meatloaf (man, it was ugly, but tasty), black-eyed peas over wild rice, collard greens and tomatoes.
3 Things I Want to Be Eating Right Now
Zucchini noodles! I bought a spiralizer, but have yet to use it.
2 Workouts I’ve Loved Lately
– Physique57’s online prenatal class – oh man did I feel it the next day!
1 Reminder that Calms Me & Helps Me Focus
Have a great weekend!