WOoooooooooooooosh! That’s the sound of the last weeks flying by, and I couldn’t be more pumped about meeting this wiggly one in my belly. I hope s/he keeps growing like s/he should, despite the fact that I have no clue how my belly could stretch any further (famous last words, I’ll bet…)
Before I get to the nursery’s big debut, let’s knock out some facts:
- Days left until my due date: 55! (I’m 32 weeks and 2 days)
- My blood pressure: 112/62
- Baby D’s heart rate: 132
- Head down? For now. Please stay that way, baby!
- Total weight gain: 24.5 pounds according my scale
- Workouts per week: Averaging 4-5
- Workouts of choice: Walking, swimming (not laps, but leisurely in the lake), elliptical, arm weights and yoga.
- Workout length: Besides yoga (60 minutes), I top out at 35 minutes a cardio session.
- Cravings: Pancakes and tomatoes
- Current Rave: I love BuyBuyBaby! We registered there and their customer service is amazing. Example? The delivery people only grabbed our crib, not out glider, so the store manager took it upon herself to drive and deliver our glider last Friday. I live 45 minutes from the store. WOW.
- Cutest Happening: Hiccups! Every single evening and sometimes in the mornings.
Now… let me take you on a tour through Babyland! Before we found out the sex of Baby D, Hubbs and I decided on a gender neutral nursery. We both have the same taste in design- simple, clean, peaceful and nature-ish.
So, in short, we didn’t design the nursery with ‘girl’ or ‘boy’ in mind, but feel free to speculate on what you think we’re having anyways 😉
One of my good friends, Toni, that I’ve known since middle school painted this and mailed it to us. Isn’t it gorgeous? It’s hanging on the door to the nursery.
Opening the door, this is what you’ll see:
I love how calming the nursery feels. And so fresh and new, thanks to our new carpet. Koda approves!
I can’t put my love for the glider into words. It’s made by Dutailier and is the most comfortable chair I’ve ever sat in and is perfect in our ‘book nook’. A pair of reading rabbits sits on top of the book shelf, which is beginning to fill up with childhood classics.
I was so nervous about the crib because we ordered it without seeing the wood finish we chose in person. I feel so lucky that it turned out better than I could have imagined! It’s exactly what I wanted.
I found the tree decal on Etsy and Hubbs and his dad did an excellent job of putting it up, just how I wanted. I’ve become quite the particular pregnant lady.
The bedding was custom-made, which Hubbs will never let me live down. I was suckered in with a Groupon and there was no turning back. Luckily, I love the soft, paisley print and gingham. It’s organic cotton (oh yes, I’m one of those moms). 😉
For the first little bit, Baby D will sleep in our room, in this Moses basket. Isn’t it sweet?
Now, I could use your help.
We plan to paint wooden letters, in the gender-appropriate color, spelling out Baby D’s real name and hang them on the wall between the glider and crib. Do I need anything above the bookshelf? If so, suggestions?
The dresser/changing table is all set, but I need something to go above it. A clock? A mirror? What do you think?
There you have it! A sneak peak into the nursery. I am very proud of it, despite the fact that I have no eye for design. That’s why I would really appreciate and value your feedback and suggestions for details to add in.
Also, I have received a few great suggestions for other baby-related posts that I’m anxious to write about, and will do so!
Do you have any requests for blog topics regarding Baby D, eating during pregnancy, labor, post baby, etc?