Ah, summer Fridays. In my first post-college job it meant we had half days and usually drank a beer with clients. Ah, the joy of working in advertising! Now it means sharing surveys on my blog. Stay wild, Brittany, stay wild.
All jokes aside, I love a good survey, especially when you guys play along! I’ve had some new followers around these parts recently (hello!), so I thought it would be a great time to follow in Jen’s footsteps, as she posted this same survey last week.
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Being with my family. I know, I knowwww, it sounds like the dullest answer ever, but being with my people and watching my girls laugh and learn- it is the absolute best. Close seconds are wine on patios with friends, witnessing small acts of kindness, and traveling.
2. What are your vices? Wine.
3. What is on your nightstand? Books: Crash the Chatterbox, The Happiness Project, Jesus Calling, and Children’s Mathematics. A ridiculous heart-shaped photo of David that I found in one of my memory boxes 2 weeks ago from when we first started dating. A lamp. A few essential oils. Usually a leftover cup of water, as I always have to go to bed with water. I chug the whole thing as soon as I wake up.
4. Do you have a secret talent? My left thumb is double jointed and it really freaks some people out. Is that a talent? How about being able to accurately predict how long any outing will take me, down to the minute? I’m a stickler for being on time.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? My cleaning service. I have house cleaners come twice a month and it has changed my life. I always tell David I would sacrifice any other luxury to keep my clean dream team.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Completely unplug for a week and get out in nature. Sail. Dream up something crazy and actually follow through with it.
7. What makes you laugh? My girls. The things that come out of their mouths leaves my sides aching. I just bought Kaitlyn her own quote book, like I have for Hailey, because she’s starting to rattle off some hilarious phrases too.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I really love Jen’s answer on this one because I can relate so much. I’m highly sensitive and emotional, but not in the sense that I cry at the drop of a hat. I am deeply empathetic, easily impacted by the energy of people/situations, and highly introspective. I have been for as long as I can remember. My psychologist dad calls it high EQ and it’s a blessing and a curse, as I tend to have higher highs but lower lows. That’s one of the reasons I love David so much; we balance each other out.
9. What is on your bucket list? More travel. As a family. And to swim with whale sharks.
10. What is on your feet right now? Pink polish and nothing else. Yay summer!
11. How did you make your first dollar? My mom used to pay my brother and me a penny a pine cone to clean up the pine aisle, but not sure if we ever made it to $1. I started babysitting my neighbor’s kids when I was 12 and loved it!
12. What superstition do you believe in? I wouldn’t say I believe strongly in any, but I do always have the urge to stay home all day on Friday the 13th.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? A folder filled with notes my dad wrote me from the moment my mom went into labor with me through all my childhood years. He gave it to me when I had Hailey. There are no words to describe what it means to me.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? It’s fully stocked, even though we don’t drink liquor very often. Right now, if we go liquor, we make Kentucky mules, so we always have ginger beer and bourbon!
16. What is on your kitchen counter? Knives, a tray with all my regulars (salt, pepper, ACV, garlic powder, honey, nutritional yeast, chia seeds), a fruit bowl, a drying mat, candle, and dish soap. I wish it were more sparse, but function reigns supreme right now.
17. What would you never leave home without? My keys and phone. Also, waters for everyone in the car.
Please pick a question and play along!
I love learning more about you. 🙂