1. You know Hailey, my super sleeper? She woke up at 4:00am crying about nothing in particular. We spent over 2 hours rocking. It’s 6:23am now and she is finally asleep. She must have known I was leaving and wanted to get in some extra snuggle time. I love my little buddy.
2. It’s vacation day! What’s that you say? You didn’t know I was going on vacation? It’s probably because I’ve been so subtle about it. (Oh, if only there was a sarcasm font…). Our plane leaves for St. Thomas today around noon! AHH!
3. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t having mild anxiety about leaving Hailey. I know she is in great hands being at her own house in the care of Nana, Papa John, Mema, Goompa and Koda. They will all give her lots of hugs, quarter her grapes and play with her all day. BUT I’m nervous about David and I dying in a plane crash and her last thought was ‘great, selfish mom and dad left me and now I’m alone.’
4. Yes, it’s silly to worry, but like Frankie from The Middle says, at least worrying lets God know I’m paying attention.
5. I was going to post about what healthy living for me is like on vacation. I decided not to because there isn’t much to say. I’m not one that has to hit the gym (good thing because we’ll be on a boat), but I’m also not one that needs to gorge to have a good time. I’m just relaxing and going with the flow.
6. My brain is fried. I need this vacation. I’ve wanted vacations before, but I think I actually need this one. But golly, I’m going to miss my kiddo. Have I mentioned that yet?
7. I couldn’t end on number 6. Call it paranoia if you’d like. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I’ll see you in a week- refreshed and ready to blow up your feeds with tropical pictures!