{What I Ate} Wednesday

First off, a big congratulations to Jenn at Peas and Crayons on her pregnancy! And she’s still hosting WIAW- veggie loaded while not being able to stomach much more than bagels herself. Impressive!

wiaw- breakfast egg scramble

2 eggs scrambled with red and green peppers and olive oil, topped with Jack’s special salsa. Half a grapefruit on the side.

My morning drinks vary lately, but I’ve mostly been enjoying tea. This week’s choice is chai.

wiaw- morning beverages

Yesterday I also tried out a Vega pre-workout energizer that I picked up on a whim. It was murkier than I expected, but the flavor tasted like watered down lemon lime gatorade. Not bad!

Some of you may be familiar with their plant-based protein powders, but I just do not like protein powders. However, this fully plant based drink I can get behind. I drank it 20 minutes before my class and I felt a needed boost!

cardio strength

Tanya and I kicking butt at cardio strength.

This class is becoming one of my favorites. I’m flat out exhausted by the end and always feel it the next day.

wiaw- lunch leftovers

Vegetable lentil soup and Greek style shrimp over spaghetti squash.

Thank goodness for leftovers. I defrosted the soup and reheated last night’s dinner.

wiaw- snack blue diamond

I snacked throughout the afternoon on almonds (probably 3 handfuls) and half a banana. I needed something more and decided to try out a snack sent to me by Vitatop.

wiaw- snack- vitatop

Carrot Cake Vitatop topped with peanut butter

Vitalicious sent me a whole box of carrot cake Vitatops to try out. They are 100 calories each and the ingredient list is decent. I don’t like that it has added vitamins or natural flavors, but it tastes pretty good. I won’t be mistaking it for my Nannie’s carrot cake, but for a quick snack, it was a tasty, filling option (the peanut butter probably helped!).

wiaw- dinner

Sweet potato with a bit of butter, kale sautéed in olive oil, lemon and garlic, half a chicken breast topped with avocado feta salsa

I felt like I was eating all day yesterday. I’m definitely a snacker. In fact, I’m going to be that girl that brings her own snacks on vacation. For our honeymoon, I didn’t pack any and ended up eating my body weight in plaintain chips.

This time I’m packing almonds, a big ‘ol bag

…any other easy to pack snack suggestions?

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter6Pin on Pinterest1Google+0

Comments

May I ask you why you don’t like Protein powders? I am now looking into them but can’t find any without the bad stuff in them like sugars or flavor ants.
    I like seeing your meals. Thanks for sharing them
    blackhuff recently posted..The aftermathMy Profile

Just a personal preference. I have yet to find one that doesn’t feel thick and/or chalky to me. Plus, I prefer chewing food over drinking it so I’d rather eat protein than mix in the chalky stuff :)

2. Angie says

We always pack almonds a vacation and some sort if trail mix, maybe granola bars. It’s hard to think of stuff that travels well and doesn’t get crushed.

All of your meals look very good. I am a pretty big fan of carrying with me lots of trail mix (involves: dried cranberries, almonds, cashews, dark chocolate). When I travel for work, it’s a must in my suitcase and in my staff office.
    Karen recently posted..Totes Excited…My Profile

Awesome day of food! That’s so cool that someone sends you samples to try! How do you get on that list?
    For snacks, you can try other nuts. Target has a couple “trail mixes” that are raw. Also, you could get a basic protein powder and make “cookies” with nut butter, oats, and powder… or something like that. That way you can EAT the protein.
    Lauren @ LaurenPhelpsCoaching recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #1 {Eating at Home}My Profile

I’m really not sure, Lauren! After blogging for a while, companies have found me and reached out. If there is a product you are interested in trying, I recommend reaching out to the company via twitter or email. Good luck!

I pretty much pack my entire pantry in my carry-on. :) For vacations, things that won’t melt and will hold up are always good, like granola bars. I would say fruit, but if you are going international you can’t take that across the border I don’t think. [However, apples are great for the plane ride. Just eat it before you land!]
    Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen recently posted..What I (Didn’t Calcul) Ate WednesdayMy Profile

Keep Trader Joe’s pre-packaged bags of almonds (200 calories) and Juice Plus+ gummies in my purse, so I’ll have a healthy snack on the go. Also, try to keep apples handy to grab on the go.

7. Laura says

Yummy day of eats! Would you mind sharing your recipe for those shrimp that were leftovers for your lunch?! They look amazing!! Thanks!

I’ve tried that Vega pre-workout drink and felt like it was just okay but… their recovery powder is delicious!
    When we travel to foreign places or on any vacation for that matter I always pack trail mix, starbucks Via’s, Justin’s Almond Butter, LARABARS or another protein bar, stevia, and my own tea bags. Never know what’s going to be available :-)
    Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted..WIAW with the Newest Quest Bar and VitaTopMy Profile

I love spaghetti squash, and that shrimp topping looks awesome. I can see why it’s becoming a regular on the menu :)

Easy pack snacks… Freeze Dried Fruit. I know you don’t like protein powders, but you could make some protein banana muffins/breads in the microwave with some brown rice protein powder. Pretty tasty and really clean ingredients. Plus– It would give you something to chew ;) Haha.
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted..What I Ate During my Last Week in VeggievilleMy Profile