Munchkin Meals (8 Months Old)

Welcome to another Munchkin Meals© Link Up! For more details, check out last week’s Munchkin Meals©.

This week Hailey has tried some new foods for the first time, including spaghetti (and raspberries)!

munchkin meals 3- spaghetti and rasperries

I cooked, then cut whole wheat spirals along with turkey meatballs. Then I tossed in sauce, topped with some parmesan cheese and prepared myself for sure culinary chaos. Mission accomplished!

IMG_6523IMG_6528

However, now being at the beach, we’ve kept meals fairly simple. I bought some fresh vegetables at the farmers market, cooked them and stored them in the fridge so now meals are easy to throw together.

munchkin meals 3- broccoli turkey and peas

Turkey, broccoli and peas. Easy PEAsy. Hailey has also been enjoying fresh fruit for dessert. I wait until she’s eaten her meal, otherwise she’ll pick out the fruit pieces.

munchkin meals 3- fruit for dessert

Mmm… plums from the farmers market!

Since our schedules are a little less predictable on vacation, it helps to keep some emergency foods around.

Happy Family Organic Superfoods

I’ve been loving Happy Family Organic Superfood’s products. Hailey demolished their vegetable ravioli and the squeeze pouches are excellent to have on the go.

I’m thinking next week, we should go with a theme… like breakfast meals and recipes. Thoughts?

OK, you’re turn… what has your little one been eating?

Share on Facebook3Tweet about this on Twitter6Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

Comments

So I don’t have a child (nor will I for a while) but I love these posts for the adorable pictures of Hailey! She is just so stinkin cute!!

Sooooo cute post-spaghetti photo! She clearly is very delighted with herself, as she should be! Thanks for the link-up and I hope you are having a fantastic time on vacation!

3. Erika says

I am really enjoying this link up to get more ideas for my son. He is getting better and better at eating but still won’t do the blw as well as purees. We’re still working on it though. I was wondering if it were possible to somehow note the age of the kids that are linked to? I like to check the links with kids the same age as mine. Just a thought.

Some of these munchkin meals look 10 times better than some crazy concoctions I see on blogs sometimes. :) But that might be because I like really simple foods!

Have fun at the beach!

That spaghetti adventure is awesome! Thanks for hosting, glad we could link up this week.

Quick question…what kind of turkey do you give Hailey. Hubs and I are a lil unsure of lunchmeat and how its processed.

This is Hailey’s first turkey, so I don’t know much about it, unfortunately. I got the Whole Foods kind from their deli, just so she’d have an easy protein!

6. Jodi says

Another great week of munchkin meals! This link has me one step closer to figuring out how to get a URL! I would love to join in with Avery’s food adventures one of these days! We definitely have some successes and disappointing failures in trying new foods! Thanks again to setting this up! Hope your vacation is going well! We are in Ocean Isle Beach for the week!

7. Jerry says

Just curious how you can copyright the term Munchkin Meals? It’s pretty common and has been used quite a bit in the past. And a copyright isn’t even correct for that term. From the government, it is stated “Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases.” Honestly, just curious if you know something I don’t know. Thanks!

Yey! I’m glad I made it!!!

Ella just LOVES raspberries! I made her (gluten-free, sugar-free, egg-free) birthday cake with them!
    Good to know about the packaged meals. We are headed to the shore and I was wondering about emergency’s, like if we don’t have a fridge or if we are out long with the cooler what to do!

9. Kelly says

Hey Brittney, I’m loving seeing all the baby meals! Hailey looks like she’s such a good little eater – does she ever throw all her food off her tray? My son is 11 months and while he use to throw some bits and pieces when he was younger, now EVERYTHING goes straight to the floor! So frustrating especially when he’s hungry. Any tips or advice?

10. Devin says

I just recently came across your blog and I have loved reading every bit! My daughter just turned 6 months and we started solids. I was actually going to make all my own purees but found out about BLW and thought we would try it since she hated being spoon fed. So far she’s had butternut squash, roasted potatoes, and cantaloupe. She loves it and we look forward to trying some of your munchkin meals!!