Is it ever really the Christmas season until you’ve eaten a piece of peppermint bark? I think not! That’s why I want to share with you this simple peppermint bark recipe today!
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 lbs white chocolate
- 12 candy canes
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Melt the semisweet chocolate over low heat, stirring often, until smooth. Pour onto parchment-lined baking sheet and smooth into a thin, even layer. Pick up the pan and tilt it to help achieve evenness. Place baking sheet in fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a cleaned or separate pot, melt white chocolate, stirring often until smooth. Stir in 1 tsp peppermint extract.
- Turn off heat on the stove, remove baking sheet from fridge and crush candy canes in a large ziplock bag. This should have given the semisweet chocolate about 15-20 minutes in the fridge, which is enough time for it to set.
- Pour the white peppermint chocolate over the semisweet.
- peppermint bark- white on dark
- Smooth out the chocolate into a thin, even layer, using a spatula and picking up and tilting the pan. While chocolate is still soft, sprinkle on candy cane pieces, making sure they are gently pressed into the surface.
- Put baking sheet in fridge for 30-45 minutes until bark is hardened. Take out and break into pieces by gently lifting the sides.
Keywords: christmas lights, peppermint bark recipe, recipe, Santa, WIAW, Zootastic Troutman